JonnyBCK's GT

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

JonnyBCK's GT

Post by JonnyBCK »

Hi all been on here for a while and finally got round to getting a few snaps of my GT, so here she is 8)

Spec/modifications:
Remapped to 175bhp and 287 lb/ft
upgraded sachs clutch
panel filter
lowered on coilovers
angel eye headlights
debagged front grill with smoothed off bonnet

plans:
not much to be honest, just bought a house so the polos always comming 2nd in life at the moment but once i get that out the way
paint the brakes iether black yellow or red
mabe an pd160 intake exhaust and intercooler, then if im still hungry for power a new turbo
refurb the alloys, possibly in anthricite
if i can find one a votex front splitter and rear spoiler
then il mabe look at upgrading the sound system

just keeping it simple, comments welcome

Jonny
Last edited by JonnyBCK on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dsw88
Bronze Member

Re: JonnyBCK's GT

Post by dsw88 »

looks well mate suttle mods but they make it look great :mrgreen: good work
lm_gauci
Getting There!

Post by lm_gauci »

Nice and smart, i wasn't too keen on the 9n but this is nice :D
KONK
New

Post by KONK »

Hey, Looking good man, where did you get the headlights from as im thinking of upgrading to them soon...

Thanks
Jonny
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

KONK wrote:Hey, Looking good man, where did you get the headlights from as im thinking of upgrading to them soon...

Thanks
Jonny
me too. Got some mates that might want some too so could possible get group buy and some discount then.

Also very nice. I have the hybrid turbo etc on mine running 222hp

if you go and do it you will love it
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

cheers for the comments fokes :D

as for the headlamps i never actually bought them it was the previous owner but i believe its these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-POLO-MK5-01-05 ... 335cabf0fa

lets hope u do get a group buy discount coz i certainly wouldnt pay that :lol: il see if i can get some pics of them on so you get a better idea of them before u decide to buy

g_humm i would love to make it around the 200bhp mark but i seriously think it will struggle to put the power down, it already spins up in the wet in 3rd :P

mite coulour code the front bottom splitter still undecided my front end needs a respray anyway, its covered in stone chips

Jonny
88rsr
Silver Member

Post by 88rsr »

looks nice man, think i'd want some of the headlamps too, ive seen them here..... http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufact ... o%20Mk%206
but theres 2 types, ones with electric adjuster, ones without

anyway back to the motor i like it, i wish our lasses was 3 door not 5, sits really nice though i think the montreal 2s are a nice wheel as standard, oh and get the calipers done with hammerite blue :mrgreen:
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

JonnyBCK wrote:cheers for the comments fokes :D

as for the headlamps i never actually bought them it was the previous owner but i believe its these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-POLO-MK5-01-05 ... 335cabf0fa

lets hope u do get a group buy discount coz i certainly wouldnt pay that :lol: il see if i can get some pics of them on so you get a better idea of them before u decide to buy

g_humm i would love to make it around the 200bhp mark but i seriously think it will struggle to put the power down, it already spins up in the wet in 3rd :P

mite coulour code the front bottom splitter still undecided my front end needs a respray anyway, its covered in stone chips
Jonny
what tyres you got to spin up in thrid I got paradas and it spins in 3rd in wet. Trick is 2nd gear launching
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

my mum was the one that put it in for its mot because i was at sea so she just stuck on a set of falkens which arent too bad to be honest, defo going for michelin pilot exalto 2s next tho my c2 i had before was just glued to the road with them.
my back tyres are some cheap s**t budget tyres which have caused near brown underwear moments but ach theyll do till summer

oh and a bit of bad news ive deveoped a boost leak, used half a tank of fuel in 100 miles :shock: was well gutted haha. going to use a mates vagcom this weekend i think as it also seems to like going into limp mode at peak power in fourth wont mention the speeds :twisted: .

anyway thanks for the comments fokes
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Had same issue when running standard intercooler. That be your problem for that. Boost leak will be one of the silly clips on the pipes wearing out only cost 60p thankfully cos I go trough them like anything.

To help keep limp mode at bay put some holes or slits into the drivers side arch lining to let air flow through the cooler better or buy a fmic.

Hope this helps
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

hmm i can understand what ur sayin like, just on seatcupra.net they point towards iethere the maf egr N75 valve or turbo actuator/viens, hope it aint the turbo like coz i have a reciept from the previous owner from garrett who refurbed the turbo for 500 bucks :cry: o and do you have a part number for said clips??
have u done anything with your egr valve ie blanked it or done anything thru vagcom?
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

Egr has now been deleted now but it weren't till a few months ago.

The clips are different for each bit of pipe.
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

ah ok shudve guessed that really
my leak seems to have dissapeared for now but i think i found the problem the pipe on the left hand side if your looking from the front going to the egr valve was millemeters away from the belt for i think its the alternator il inspect further tomoro when i hook it up to vagcom
GR33NIE
Bronze Member

Post by GR33NIE »

Welcome aboard from a fellow GT owner ;) Car looks sweet!
JonnyBCK
Bronze Member

Post by JonnyBCK »

good news and bad news for my wee polo
bad news shes not in a good way noticed a lot of rust appearing here and there, turbos knackered and few other problems are appearing.

good news since the turbo is on its way out iv decided to buy a PD160 turbo and now ive bit the bullet and its going hybrid. going to buy a FMIC and exhaust soon aswell. got my pd160 intake fitted and got my private reg on. also bought another set of montreal 2s which im going to refurb in anthracite. think il always prefer silver tho so gonna refurb my own silver aswell.
here she is again we my reg on her

and for those that were interested in the lights i took a few pics there not that great tho

Cant wait to get my hybrid on