Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
chris meardon
Silver Member

Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Post by chris meardon »

Calling all gti stage 2 revo users,

After test driving "better, quicker" cars including astra Vxr which I thought would blow the polo out the water none of the cars are any better or quicker. I don't need extra space so I've decided to stick with the polo.

But i was looking for something faster but making the polo faster now seems like a better option.

So

I am on revo stage one at the moment, with k&n and recirculated dv. Is going to stage 2 worth it? I assume I would need full miltek with down pipe and sports cat and I would go for the more silent option.

What else would I need and is the extra 10-15 hp gain worth it? is it still as usable and such a great daily driver as stage 1?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Re: Stage 2 revo, worth it?

Post by kc »

yo!

the turbo back alone will give you a noticeable difference!

then get the stage2 on top, you'll need a better exhaust, 4bar fpr and a tip!

but beware, the stage2 full on destroys your wallet for fuel! judging by the threads on there, stage 1 revo, apr etc - fantastic on fuel... got to stage2 you'lll know your local petrol station dude by first name terms lol
drennan
Gold Member

Post by drennan »

I dissagree you wont know ur local garage on 1st name terms coz ul have to travel to a garage that does super 99 lol worth it but ;)
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

Alot more thirsty then?
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

Yeah the crappy economy I have read about is the only thing stopping me going to stage 2

I have k&n cone, 007p DV and got a flexi downpipe and de-cat section sitting in the garage ready to go on

The main reason I wanted stage 2 is because of the emissions light after I de-cat it, stage 2 will turn the light off, which I'm pretty sure will annoy me very quickly

I think I would rarther live with the emissions light than ruin the fuel economy, as I use it for an everyday car and couldn't really afford it, I'm using Shell V-Power as it is :-(
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

I only ever use vpower at the moment which at £1.44 a litre is pretty expensive.

Day to day isnt what worries me as i do relativly average daily mileage but long commutes which i need to do every so often that really p*** on my bonfire.

I think i am going to retro fit cruise control before i do stage 2 giving me some control of economy on the motorways. its all to tempting to stay on boost on the motorway but very costly.
BennoGTi
Silver Member

Post by BennoGTi »

chris meardon wrote:I think i am going to retro fit cruise control before i do stage 2 giving me some control of economy on the motorways. its all to tempting to stay on boost on the motorway but very costly.
I'm in the process of fitting a cruise control kit myself at the moment, bought it a while back from Kufatec and a garage wants £210 to fit it! Said it's a pain in the arse to get the cable through the firewall

Only the instructions I have are not very well converted from German to English so it's a pretty much a vague guide with pictures I have to guess where there from :-(
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

There is a guide somewhere in german that you can translate to english, cant remember where, i will have a look for it.

If you could take some pics and make a proper guide for me that would be great! it requires vagcom to activate as well so I will need a garage for that.
Gillen
Gold Member

Post by Gillen »

For the cost of getting all the bits for stage 2 I'd say no...stick with stage 1
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

I am going to say one thing on this stituation. Polo gti should = fun no expensce spared car there for fuel price should not worry you. If it does then you have the wrong car and you should have got a diesel. Lol.

It's a gti you shouldn't care about fuel prices. Mate has a mk5 ed30 golf and he can empty his £70 tank to around 100 miles but he don't care. You should not care either. Case closed go for a stage 2.
Gillen
Gold Member

Post by Gillen »

I agree with you said that if you've got a GTI and the fuel worries you, you have the wrong car. But, the mpg shouldn't be the only thing considered when thinking of going to stage 2. It's expensive getting the full miltek and also a FMIC...then there's the updated brakes and suspension that is a must in my opinion...stage 2 is not worth the money, IMO.
chris meardon
Silver Member

Post by chris meardon »

I'm not saying that fuel is my only consideration, far from it.

As I said day to day doesn't bother me but I have to do a 300 mile round trip a few times every month and it will cost me an 30 quid a time there is no point for the extra performance.

I'm trying to justify spending the 2k for stage 2 and all the bits around it for the extra 20 bhp.

g_humm Did you find much of a difference when you upgraded to stage 2? And what consumption did you get day to day?
kc
Gold Member
Drives: an imaginary one... for now

Post by kc »

drennan wrote:I dissagree you wont know ur local garage on 1st name terms coz ul have to travel to a garage that does super 99 lol worth it but ;)
lol my local garage is 99ron, if i fancy a burn i can go to the next town for 102! lol :D

chris meardon wrote: I'm not saying that fuel is my only consideration, far from it.

As I said day to day doesn't bother me but I have to do a 300 mile round trip a few times every month and it will cost me an 30 quid a time there is no point for the extra performance.

I'm trying to justify spending the 2k for stage 2 and all the bits around it for the extra 20 bhp.
you can do what i have done and buy a SPS switch box and turn the map off mate, makes the world of difference tbh, with the map turned on, i can get about 50/60 miles from £20 quid, with off, you can push 110/115 easy!
g__humm
Platinum Member

Post by g__humm »

chris meardon wrote:I'm not saying that fuel is my only consideration, far from it.

g_humm Did you find much of a difference when you upgraded to stage 2? And what consumption did you get day to day?
I own a desiel lol bought it as I couldn't aford a gti at the time so got the gt. My bro has a golf gti and his fuel hasn't changed for driving sensable it just when the foot goes down it says thank you very much, can I have more? Lol.
monk
Bronze Member

Post by monk »

in one word: definitly!
i got my car de-cated, with full "open" exhaust and just a blueflame 70mm final. fitted a 4bar apr. then stage 2. the conspution went up a bit, but not noticebly. i think it went up because i like the sound and im pushing the throttle more often than i did before.

but the sensation and throttle response have nothing to do with stage 1. like some of the guys said earlier. if you worry bout mpg, you shouldn't have got the gti.