Polo soon... Questions!!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polo 2011 Moda
Getting There!

Polo soon... Questions!!

Post by Polo 2011 Moda »

Helllllllllllllo, new member

Picking my new Polo up next week, already been waiting a week!! Killing me...
Have to wait for the 7th April (License Min 1 year) for free insurance offer. Need the insurance, £4500 renewal for my 56 plate fiesta 1.25 :o

Just got a few questions.

Im gettin the 1.2 (60ps!) Moda 5dr in Reflex Silver, I was going for the 1.2 SE 3dr in Grey but they only had limited stock for the insurance offer.

What does the 60ps 3 cylinder sound like? a diesel? lol or is it nice & quiet?

Its got the RCD310 CD Player, will this play MP3 CDs?

Whats the car like on awful road surfaces & speed bumps? Can you feel everything like my fiesta?

Think thats it for now :P
duffman502
Bronze Member

Re: Polo soon... Questions!!

Post by duffman502 »

Hi welcome to the forum i nearly choked at that insurance quote lol
As for the car its not exactly the quietest but i think it sounds awesome like a mini muscle car.
And comfort wise it will probably be like a pillow compared to your fiesta and doesnt handle too badly for it either bonus.
I should think it will play mp3 but if your getting a moda as your name states you should get the ipod dock included with it.
Enjoy
craig200588
Getting There!

Post by craig200588 »

Hey
I recently bought a Polo SE 3 door 1.2 60bhp, and the first thing I said to my partner when I got in it was "have they given me the right one??" cause I was positive they gave me a diesel haha. After driving it for a couple days you do get uses to it, fairly nippy, and really smooth over bumps and potholes. The ride is pretty good, it's not as if your sailing over cotton wool or anything, you do feel the bumps but nothing to moan about. The handling is top notch, really responsive. But yeah it does have that "diesel" sound to it!! but I love it :D

Play around with the settings for the cd player when you get it, the speakers are amazing!! I don't own any cd's (yup, I'm 100% digital baby lol) so can't help with the mp3 cd, my iPhone holds all my music.

It's a fantastic car!! Looks sweet in 3 doors, but the 5 door is as nice too :D

Craig
Polo 2011 Moda
Getting There!

Post by Polo 2011 Moda »

Good answers, thanks :)

Might start using my iPod...
Has it got the diesel noise at idle too? lol

Also, any of you's know If I can buy extras from the dealers, Mats etc

:)
craig200588
Getting There!

Post by craig200588 »

HA @ mats

My partners mum bought a moda a week before we bought our SE. she walked out with half a tank of petrol, free mats and flowers lol! I asked what I wad getting free and he said "a keyring" >:(

I asked about free mats but he said all he could do is offer a discount on them for me, £50 or something! I was like no thanks!!

When I got home did a quick search on eBay and found a company that do mats for the new polo, ordered them and 2 days later got them, £22 for premium thick black mats!! There really nice.

I'll find you a link
Polo 2011 Moda
Getting There!

Post by Polo 2011 Moda »

Flowers?!?! :P

Did you ask before you did the deal or the day you picked it up? I need to ring him Wednesday to confirm Thursday pick up so I might ask him then...

I seen the mats on eBay but I want the ones with Polo written on them and I cant find them anywhere!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

craig200588 wrote:...But yeah it does have that "diesel" sound to it!! but I love it :D

It's wierd that you should say this and I'm sure other people will agree with me, I just bought a 6R GTi and on start up and untill the oil reaches about 60'C, mine sounds like a deisel as well!? I was as confused as you pal and after reading all this "the engine noise is amazing" and "that little growl on a 1.4 is just nuts" I was thinking hang on a minute??

Anyway like I said, engine warms up and next thing you know it sounds awesome and the deisel noise is all gone. I dunno what its like in the Moda or the SE but I'm sure once you've been driving for a few mins it all calms down and starts sounding nice and normal again!
craig200588
Getting There!

Post by craig200588 »

I think alot of bigger cars now do have that diesel drone to it! Under the bonnet in my car its like this tiny wee engine and theres loads of space around it (maybe im just used to the compact engine that was in my Smart) so im thinking that its just the engine noise bouncing around all that free space thats giving it the diesel sound.

But yeah I do admit after driving it for a wee while you do forget it, it does have a nice wee growl to it! Not that you hear much, its basically silence driving along the motor way at 70mph which again im not really used too :D Such good build quality ^_^
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

It's quiet in yours on the motorway? Thats good. Mine is pretty loud. 70 isn't bad, it sits at about 2 and a half in 7th at 70 which is fine, but as soon as you push it to 85 or even 80 the revs creep upto 3 and thats where the noise comes in. It's the same in every gear mind, not much grunt (noise) upto 2750rpm (but a nice supercharger whistle) and then its deafening over 3 and theres the little turbo whistle as well.

I do a shedload of motorway driving though and when you get out after 5 hours down to london and your ears are humming a bit, it gets a bit annoying. I really don't know how anyone with one of those crazy big bore exhausts manages to drive their car for more than ten minutes.
craig200588
Getting There!

Post by craig200588 »

In my last car (Smart Fortwo) im not joking, i HATED driving without having the speakers way up! you heard every bang and crash driving over potholes or bumps, and when you hit the motor way it was like a thousand hairdryers going off cause of the wind noise!! Was a great wee car for popping around town, maybe I should have upgraded the suspension or something!! 99% of the time I had my iPhone plugged in and blasting out the tunes just to cover up the road noise!! and the speakers sounded like a couple of empty soup tins!! The polo's speakers are amazing!!

But no the Polo is a dream to drive, you do get a wee bit of road noise on motor ways but nothing you have to shout over lol. First gear when setting off is a tad pathetic, its a really short gear (maybe cause they restricted the revs i think) so you get a wee growl from that! I do alot of motor way driving and its great just to relax and cruise comfortably along at 70 ... *cough* 80 *cough* ....mph :D
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

BonsaiTiger wrote:It's quiet in yours on the motorway? Thats good. Mine is pretty loud. 70 isn't bad, it sits at about 2 and a half in 7th at 70 which is fine, but as soon as you push it to 85 or even 80 the revs creep upto 3 and thats where the noise comes in. It's the same in every gear mind, not much grunt (noise) upto 2750rpm (but a nice supercharger whistle) and then its deafening over 3 and theres the little turbo whistle as well.

I do a shedload of motorway driving though and when you get out after 5 hours down to london and your ears are humming a bit, it gets a bit annoying. I really don't know how anyone with one of those crazy big bore exhausts manages to drive their car for more than ten minutes.
The GTI has noise built in via an induction resonator on the bulkhead. All other models are probably quieter than the GTI :lol:
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Yeah I read about that Edi and whilst its lovely when your tanking it around the country roads, its a pain in the arse on the motorway.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

BonsaiTiger wrote:Yeah I read about that Edi and whilst its lovely when your tanking it around the country roads, its a pain in the arse on the motorway.
Turn the music up :lol: I tend to keep mine just below 80 when I am crusing, but do love the noise it makes especially at 6-7000 rpm. I used to have a Triumph TR6 years ago with a race pipe on it and it sounded like a racing car, the only problem was I needed ear plugs if going on a trip lasting more than an hour on motorways :lol:
Polo 2011 Moda
Getting There!

Post by Polo 2011 Moda »

In LOVE with my new Polo :lol:

My fiesta don't even compare & the new car smell... Wonderful :P :P
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Polo 2011 Moda wrote:In LOVE with my new Polo :lol:

My fiesta don't even compare & the new car smell... Wonderful :P :P