About to order new polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tony2311
New

About to order new polo

Post by tony2311 »

Looking to get a white 1.4 se DSG with sensor pack and MDI, acouple of question
Drivethedeal has came back with £13332.07 will a local dealer match it?
In honestjohn website it saids 1.4 has problems and best avioded, is the engine bad?
i am in sheffield which dealer would you recommanded
How come sunroof is not a option?
daydotz
Silver Member

Re: About to order new polo

Post by daydotz »

The sunroof has only just been put back on the options list drivethedeal may not be up to date

You can ask your local dealer if they will match drivethedeal offer they can only say no if its a good enough saving id travel for it anyway
ChunSel90
New

Post by ChunSel90 »

Sheffield Whoop :D!

Im from sheffield too, but i got mine a bit further up north in Barnsley, from a dealer, Hayselden.

Really good service etc, but in terms of getting discount, not really sure
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

I would take so called "honest John" with a grain of salt mate, when I bought my current golf I did a bit of research and basically the info I got said that I have possibly bought one of the worst cars ever built and the list of things that would go wrong was as long as my arm and do you know how many out of some 50 odd problems I have had? None.

I also found that many of these sites list a single customer's fault as a problem with whatever is being reviewed, so you could have 5 people all with different minor problems "oh, a screw fell out of my sunvisor" wich can become "drastic faults with the cabin interior that could lead to head trauma".....
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

I would stop worrying about it so long as you get the car you want along with all the right extras at a price you are happy to pay just go for it. There are so many options each deal will be different so it's hard to compare.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

The 1.4 FSI engine is pretty much carried over from the Polo 9n3 so has been around a while. No major issues I know off ( it's not turbo or supercharged after all).

The wife has had the 9N3 1.4 FSI Sport for the last 5 years and it hasn't missed a beat. She's even chsngeg it for a new one.