VW Genuine Accessories

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AJ_7
Gold Member

VW Genuine Accessories

Post by AJ_7 »

Hi guys,

I pick my new Polo up at the end of the month (1.2 TSI SEL in Candy White) and i've been looking at adding some of the vw accessories such as the Chrome Exhaust Trim (Part No. 6R0071910, 6R0071910A and 6R0071910B) and the Rear Roof Spoiler (Part No. 6R0071646GRU). As seen on pages 1/2 here: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/acce ... =polo-2009

I'm just wondering if anyone has added any of these to their Polo and if you have any general opinions on whether my car would suit these? They do seem a little pricey but I want to keep the genuine vw feel but if you have any other suggestions i'd gladly consider them :)

Thanks,

Alex
daydotz
Silver Member

Re: VW Genuine Accessories

Post by daydotz »

better pics of the spoiler worth the money to me
the car also has the sport kit an has be lowered on photoshop i guess its got the exhaust trim as well
jonnymagnum
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymagnum »

i"ve got the polo sel 5 door in candy white with the rear roof spoiler, ,i think it just sets the car off,sporty feel.Image.as for the exhaust trim i just got my own from car accessory shop,£5.99 job done
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Thanks guys! Those pics are just what I was looking for as the brochure/website is a bit vague! The spoiler is looking very tempting :D

Alex
ChunSel90
New

Post by ChunSel90 »

jonnymagnum wrote:i"ve got the polo sel 5 door in candy white with the rear roof spoiler, ,i think it just sets the car off,sporty feel.Image.as for the exhaust trim i just got my own from car accessory shop,£5.99 job done
Looking nice, how much was the spoiler? and price for fitting etc?

Thanks!
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

According to brochure it's £180 excluding painting and fitting, so as an estimate i'd presume it'd be in the region of £250-£275. Maybe a little pricey but it adds a nice touch to any non-GTI models :)

Alex
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Hi Alex.

For the exhaust trim, try Ebay.de they go on there far far cheaper than anywhere in the UK, as with most VW items !!! £111 ?? Thats ridiculous, they go for about 50 Euro on German Ebay !! They look quite good too.

As for the roof spoiler, sorry but I aint a fan of that TBH. The GTI one is far more subtle, but I don't know if its a bolt on jobbie, or comes as part of the tailgate ? Anyone know ? I wouldn't mind a GTI one, but can they be added on their own ?
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Here you go Alex. Exhaust piece - 56euro. Genuine VW item.

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Polo-V-6R-Auspuff ... 35b13e40bf
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

B1N9S you legend :) My German skills are lacking and I can't work out if they do UK shipping or not? Definitely gonna grab one of these though! 8) Regarding the spoiler, I think on the GTI its all one piece as part of the tailgate rather than a bolted on one, but i'm not entirely sure :)

Alex
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

B1N9S, I know you previously mentioned a rear roof spoiler from the GTI, i've just seen one that's not a genuine VW part but appearance wise it's not far off what the GTI one looks like. I'll post the link anyway :)

http://www.imexdesigns.co.uk/imexdesign ... -1670.html

Alex
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Cheers mate, but I'm confident the GTI one is a stick on (Sikafix) jobbie. I'm gonna keep an eye out for one of them, but don't hold out much hope, if I'm honest !!

Anyone got ETKA that can check if the roof spoiler is an 'add on' to the normal roof spoiler ?

BTW. Did you get one of those exhaust pieces ? Any pics of your car ?

I will post some up soon, just waiting for some bolts for my 15mm spacers !!!!
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Collecting the car at the end of the week mate, can't come soon enough! I'll post some pics up when I do, although, it's identical to yours :D I've found a local vw dealer that will fit the exhaust piece for £55, but i'm tempted to find something a bit bigger than 65mm or maybe find a twin pipe! :)
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Just found this if your interested matey !!

http://cgi.ebay.de/Friedrich-Gruppe-A-E ... 5643a586da

Sports rear exhaust.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Hi guys,

Just a quick update, instead of buying the VW exhaust trim. After some research I found the Audi A3 1.6 FSI has the same exhaust measurement (65mm) as my 1.2 TSi Polo. So instead of paying £54.99 for a VW one, I opted for the Audi exhaust trim which I picked up from my local Audi dealer for £34. Thought i'd share it incase there's anyone thinking of adding an exhaust trim :) The Audi Part No is 8P0071771. Takes virtually 20 seconds to fit, it just slides on and has a self holding mechanism inside to stop it falling off/being pinched :D Piccies of it fitted below:

Alex
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

Nice find! Looks good.