Remote Locking Fitment

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Supercharged
New

Remote Locking Fitment

Post by Supercharged »

Hi guys, My GF is currently looking to buy a 3dr Match (2007/2008 MY) but one feature she really wants is remote central locking...

Has anyone fitted the genuine (Cobra) upgrade kit themselves??

I just want to know if it's fairly plug and play or if there is any splicing involved etc and how easy it is to install? I think VW quote 2 hours for installation which is a worry!

I had a search on here and see many people have fitted the aftermarket kits but these don't really seem that much cheaper than the genuine solution...
Supercharged
New

Re: Remote Locking Fitment

Post by Supercharged »

whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

I'm sure vw can just code a remote key fob to the car? I'd check with another dealer
Supercharged
New

Post by Supercharged »

Thanks for the reply - I'm fairly sure they can't though as all the ones we've looked at don't have flip keys so no button apart fromm the torch...

Also on here several people have fitted aftermarket kits but no one seems to have used the one above - I prefer this if it's plug and play as this is what I did with a MK3 Golf years ago and it simply plugged in with no cutting of wires - worked reliably for over 15 years now too!
blazeguarder
Gold Member

Post by blazeguarder »

I got a remote alarm fitted to a Polo once by a dealership. It was a Sigma one, never was given the option of the one you have. Are you sure that it's Polo specific or if it's just the manufacturer recommended aftermarket alarm? Only reason is that the dealerships sell bluetooth kits etc that are different manufacturers but sold by VW, so maybe this is a similar thing? Might not be plug and play at all...

I'd personally get the dealership to fit it. I'm not bad with electrics but have seen a few horror stories with people having issues wiring it in due to the way the cars lock and unlock. Not worth the hassle IMO.
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

I got one like this bought and fitted for £120 at local ice store