NMavs's Candy White Polo GTI - Build Thread

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NMavs
Gold Member

NMavs's Candy White Polo GTI - Build Thread

Post by NMavs »

Hi guys. Just part exd my old 9n3 GTI today, and picked up my lovely new 6R GTI. One word, Amazing. Such a transformation inside. Absolutly love it. Only got 25 miles on her. Will get some pics up sometime this week after ive give her a clean and some waxin. Lol

Quick question, whats the runin milage on these before you can really give it some?

Cheers Nathan
Last edited by NMavs on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
tt509
Gold Member

Re: Another New White Polo GTI :D

Post by tt509 »

yes get some pics up mate
daydotz
Silver Member

Another New White Polo GTI :D

Post by daydotz »

Welcome pictures are always welcome :D
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Good lad :wink:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

NMavs wrote:Hi guys. Just part exd my old 9n3 GTI today, and picked up my lovely new 6R GTI. One word, Amazing. Such a transformation inside. Absolutly love it. Only got 25 miles on her. Will get some pics up sometime this week after ive give her a clean and some waxin. Lol

Quick question, whats the runin milage on these before you can really give it some?

Cheers nathan
Great! Check the manual but I think the mileage is 600 miles? Drive it normally so don't worry about being too careful with the engine. Common sense warm it up first. However go easy on the brakes for a few hundred miles so you don't glaze them over.
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Once the engine is warm, just fang it from the get go. A few people have used this method:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I for one will be once the car gets here, only 13 days til the ship docks! :)
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Cheers guys. :D I feel like a little kid with a new toy, Haha. Its just so much fun.

Had a few people tell me to just drive and give it some now, apparently there was some guy who had proven giving a new engine some stick from new increased bhp, over an engine that had been run in to manufacturers recommendations. :?

Brakes feel nice and keen too, unlike the standard 288mm on my old GTI. Im in debate as to whether or not to sell my 312mm, or to keep them and put on at a later date.

Cant believe your selling the new wip already Chris lol. Think me needs to swop careers. Haha.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

gavs wrote:Once the engine is warm, just fang it from the get go. A few people have used this method:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I for one will be once the car gets here, only 13 days til the ship docks! :)
I have used this method on my last two new cars and both cars have/are running like a dream. :D
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

So when he says run it in hard, what exactly do you call running hard?? Does that mean warm engine up, then give it beans through all gears upto redline? I dont understand lol.

Also, another quick question to those of you who have fitted HID kits. Did you have to remove the drivers side headlight to access the bulb?? It looks rather tight in there.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

NMavs wrote:So when he says run it in hard, what exactly do you call running hard?? Does that mean warm engine up, then give it beans through all gears upto redline? I dont understand lol.

Also, another quick question to those of you who have fitted HID kits. Did you have to remove the drivers side headlight to access the bulb?? It looks rather tight in there.
Yes warm it up and then use all the revs in 2nd & 3rd and then decelerate from high revs. Repeat until 20 to 30 miles covered from new. Waste of time once more than 30 miles on the clock.

Yes remove head lamps as stated in manual.
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Ooh no. Its done 100 miles now. Does that mean ive missed the boat lol. Will givin it some not really affect it that much now??

Bought some 5000k anti glare HIDS for my kit. Hopefully should look pritty OEM without blinding everybody :) And got all my LED bulbs to put in.

Cant wait till saturday to get some pics of her up. Shes far too dirty to be taking pictures yet. :(
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Well ill still be in polo crew just stepping backwards lol excited though¡
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Brakes feel nice and keen too, unlike the standard 288mm on my old GTI. Im in debate as to whether or not to sell my 312mm, or to keep them and put on at a later date.
If they are OE VW / Audi 312mm brakes, you will be adding somewhere in the vicinity of 2-3 kgs of unsprung, rotational mass to each of your front wheels, yeah it will look cool, but at what cost.... You will find this will actually slow your car down, and not in a good way....

Plenty of articles aound explaining why, there is a good one on VW Vortex in the Mk4 Golf FAQ section.... Or see here:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f128/ne ... 523-4.html (Halfway down the page...)
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

whitegtipolo wrote:Well ill still be in polo crew just stepping backwards lol excited though¡
Lol. Yeah, it looks sweet pal. You'll have to take us fora blast in the new beast next time i see you haha.

Will have a read about the brakes Gavs, cheers.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

whitegtipolo wrote:Well ill still be in polo crew just stepping backwards lol excited though¡
Not backwards; 'Retro' :D