Recommend me some 6x9's please :D

Discuss In Car Entertainment
AshLeMacq
Bronze Member

Recommend me some 6x9's please :D

Post by AshLeMacq »

Can someone please recommend me some 6x9s. Don't really want to go above 100 if I can help it.

Cheers guys
AshLeMacq
Bronze Member

Post by AshLeMacq »

Cheapo option. Pro-plus 6x9's any good?

Heeeeeeelp I want to buy some tomorrow lol. Some speakers I mean so recommend :D.
Nelson
Getting There!

Post by Nelson »

Personally I wouldnt bother at all. Just save up for some decent component speakers for the front, a sub for the boot and a 4 channel amp to run them all.

6x9s just make things complicated and Doesn't really help the soundstage of the car. Also makes it more desirable for theives if they see some nice 6x9s in the parcel shelf!

HTH,

John
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

yeah, what he said ^^^

You should only really consider 6x9s if your definatly not getting a sub, you can run 6x9s and a sub together but it takes ages to filter the sound and get it working right
jags53
Getting There!

Post by jags53 »

if your not planning to get a sub like me i recommend some rockfrod 6x9s

i ahve the puch range. bass is seat shaking, and i havent amped it up yet, only running 20rms to them

if you want clarity i recommend sum infinitys sounds quality is crisp.
tornado_ally
Silver Member

Post by tornado_ally »

If you want loud music- lots of crisp treble get some Infinity Kappas, if you want a lot of base then get the Kenwood 7X10s. Those things do make a lot of bass for what they are.
Kenwood 7x10s
Infinity Kappas
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

No 6x9s, they produce noise rather than sound.

Sub, components and an amp are the best way.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

You need 6X9's for mid range, Halfords had infinity 6X9's for £49.99 last time I looked, use the other £50 to buy a stealth shelf, and port it if your using a sub otherwise you’ll get loads of distortion.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I get plenty of mid-range from my 16.5cm Component Woofers in the front doors.

I really don't like 6x9's though.

lol
tornado_ally
Silver Member

Post by tornado_ally »

6x9s do look a bit ugly when you open the boot. I say get a set of quality components. I have fitted Focal 165K2Ps in my doors and they sound beastly even without the amp fitted. After my amp is fitted they are going to sound better and I havent heard and 6x9s this loud! ouch is the word
simon pope
Bronze Member

Post by simon pope »

6*9'S WOT R THEY??????????? WASTE OF MONEY IN MY OPINION TO BIG TO UGLY TAKE UP TOO MUCH ROOM SO ON AND SO ON!!!!!! COMPONENTS ME THINKS!!!!!!!!!
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

jags53 wrote:if your not planning to get a sub like me i recommend some rockfrod 6x9s

i ahve the puch range. bass is seat shaking, and i havent amped it up yet, only running 20rms to them
what they said.

My Rockford fosgate 6x9's are wicked. People in my car ask if I have a sub! Nope, just 6x9's running off my 4x60w Alpine headunit.

The 6x9's will be going once I have got some door builds with components and a sub. Although sticking a sub in a mk3 makes a very small boot even smaller...
jags53
Getting There!

Post by jags53 »

lol exactly same thing happens to me, on some songs people think i have a sub installed, 6x9's aint crap if your not going for a sub like me, i need the boot space and amped 6x9's are cool imo.
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Tornado_ally have you got a 9n?

Tell me more about your setup, are they running off the GAMMA, what speakers are they, any in the back, are you linking an amp to the GAMMA HU etc?

Cheers
James 8)
Robo-Toda
New

Post by Robo-Toda »

Frankly,unless you are going to buy 6x9's off someone like Genesis,or Focal,i really wouldn't bother.Genesis do some very good 6x9 subs,believe it or not,and that does away with most of the noise issues.