Polo GTI Order Date V.S Build Week

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
kevinctr
Getting There!
Drives: MY12 GTI 6R

Polo GTI Order Date V.S Build Week

Post by kevinctr »

Hi Guys

I ordered my 5door GTI in 4th week of March and was told my build month will be in July. However I just received a letter from Abridge Volkwagen Loughton today saying there is some delay in the build date as there is a supply issue with the DSG gearbox. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I need some facts here to see if it is indeed true or this dealership did some mistake on my order. For those who have ordered their Polo/Polo GTI with DSG this year, could you please state the infomation as follows? Model/ Ordered Date/ Build Date. Thank you

1. ? Polo GTI / Week 48 2010/ Week 13 2011 ( 17 weeks )
2. 5dr Polo GTI / Week 13 / Week 27 ( 14 weeks but told it will be delayed)
3. 5dr Polo GTI / Week 25 / Week 37 ( 12 weeks)
4. 3dr Polo GTI / Week 28 / Week 37 (11 Weeks)
Last edited by kevinctr on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hurdy
Silver Member

Re: Polo GTI Order Date V.S Build Week

Post by Hurdy »

5dr Polo GTI Mid June order, week 38 build date (provisional)

Not had any messages or letters telling me of any delays, but have heard that some Skoda Fabia VRS orders have been delayed for the same reason. The reason given was the ECU's for the DSG's are delayed from Japan????
biff+
New

Post by biff+ »

'Supply issue' :lol:

More like, we've punted out a load of lemons so need to fix it issue.
Ashley-Vdub
New

Post by Ashley-Vdub »

Could be that they are finally fixing all of the dsg boxes as from i have been hearing and seeing they keep crashing and freezing :/
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

When I ordered my in June 10 there was no confirmed build date only had an estimated delivery date of December. Mine arrived in November but some of the others had to wait longer. At the time it was blamed on DSG production so nothing has changed in a year :(

It could be down to engines too as most of the GTI's already supplied on this forum seem to burn too much oil and may need new rings or worse :?
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Or have dodgy supercharger clutches.....

Mine was orded week 48 2010, built week 13 2011 but that was before the polo and the gti especially started winning awards. Australia is now out to an 18 month wait, despite what VW are telling customers.
kevinctr
Getting There!

Post by kevinctr »

The issue is, why 14 week of waiting time from the order date to build date can be delayed for another 12 weeks!

Dealer made a mistake on my order or my car has been allocated to someone else who has special dealings with that dealership? Could it be possible?

Or, simply too many issues with the DSG on the Polo GTI which is rather strange and I suspect they have recycled the recalled mechatronics unit to keep the production line moving.

We need more inputs from those who ordered this year and those collecting their car in the coming months. Did you all receive news or a delay in shipments?
biff+
New

Post by biff+ »

Good luck trying to collect info from the dregs on here.
Stiggy
Getting There!

Post by Stiggy »

Conspiracy theories aside, I've heard that all new Polos (and possibly all VWs) are taking a long time to come through. A friend of mine wanted a 1.4 manual for September 1st, and had to get one from stock.

The OP could do what I did: find a stock (or ex-demo) GTI and start haggling. I wanted a 5-door so my choice was limited, but if you want a 3-door there are lots around.
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Just received an e-mail confirmation that my car is to be built week 37 and delivery before the end of October. :D
RHgti
New

Post by RHgti »

Placed my order mid july- 3dr in white. With a provisional build date of week 37, wont be holding my breath though.
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

You guys are lucky, apparently VW australia "accidently" deleted 4000-5000 build orders for Polo GTI's alone!
jeeks
New

Post by jeeks »

Hey guys,
I haven't ordered a GTI but an SEL.
My build date is week 36 but had to wait ages to get that date confirmed. I should have it mid to late september but got a letter a week after being told the build date that it had been delayed but given no date. They sent me £50's worth of complimentary vouchers, I was pretty pissed though so rang VW the next day and they told me it's still confirmed for week 36 build date, i'm suspicious...
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

jeeks wrote:Hey guys,
I haven't ordered a GTI but an SEL.
My build date is week 36 but had to wait ages to get that date confirmed. I should have it mid to late september but got a letter a week after being told the build date that it had been delayed but given no date. They sent me £50's worth of complimentary vouchers, I was pretty pissed though so rang VW the next day and they told me it's still confirmed for week 36 build date, i'm suspicious...
Hmmmm, £50 worth of vouchers and an apology for my delivery delay dropped through the post today :?
kevinctr
Getting There!

Post by kevinctr »

gavs wrote:You guys are lucky, apparently VW australia "accidently" deleted 4000-5000 build orders for Polo GTI's alone!
How could that be possible? Somebody is getting fired!