Swap the following parts

Request Polo related stuff! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
freakyeke
Getting There!

Swap the following parts

Post by freakyeke »

I would like to put my 6n2 GTi back to standard so would like the following parts:

Standard OEM cat back exhaust system - swap for Powerflow cat back stainless steel exhaust with twin tail pipes.

Standard full OEM air filter/induction system - swap for Pipercross induction kit. 90 degree alumunium bend with foam filter.

Standard OEM springs and shocks - swap for unknown make* 40mm lowering springs and standard shocks.

Please be aware that I will need your part first so that I can swap over the part and then send my part to you.

I am located in Billingham.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Re: Swap the following parts

Post by TriggerFish »

If only you weren't 4 hours away, I'd happily do the exhaust/ in take swap.

My car is off the road atm, but if I can get the bits in the Mazda, I might be able to meet 1/2 way? (Never done an exhaust change, so don't know how practical that would be at the roadside?)
freakyeke
Getting There!

Post by freakyeke »

TriggerFish wrote:(Never done an exhaust change, so don't know how practical that would be at the roadside?)
It certainly wouldn't be practical at the roadside. Can you send me your parts? Shouldn't be more than £15 to send via www.interparcel.com

What condition is your exhaust in and is it a genuine VW one?
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

No, I assumed it wouldn't be - too hot too I guess.

AFAIK it's the original VW one, but I've never really looked too see. I'm due to do some work on it later, so will take a couple of pictures and post them up. I'll also measure it, and get some postage quotes.
freakyeke
Getting There!

Post by freakyeke »

TriggerFish wrote:No, I assumed it wouldn't be - too hot too I guess.

AFAIK it's the original VW one, but I've never really looked too see. I'm due to do some work on it later, so will take a couple of pictures and post them up. I'll also measure it, and get some postage quotes.
Ok mate. Thanks.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

Hi, some photos here: (Sorry they're a bit late, it rained here on Saturday, and I couldn't get the seats/carpet back in again and driving it up some ramps without seats didn't appeal!)

http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu32 ... %20Photos/

FYI, it's on about 85K (with FSH) I think, and was MoT'd about 2 weeks ago. The only advisory was for a chip in the screen, same as last year. They did mention the cat mountings seemed a bit lose last year, (but not this), but nothing else to worry about.

I've got a brief video of it running if you want it too?

Postage quotes based on 110cm length, 20cm height and 80cm width are £10+ VAT - £35+ VAT.