Rear spoiler question

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
x3ro
New

Rear spoiler question

Post by x3ro »

Hi guys, I'm interested in buying a spoiler from someone breaking a GTI. The guy is willing to split the spoiler from the rear tailgate, so my question to you is:
What parts do I need exactly for a complete fitment on a standard tailgate? (Apart from the actual spoiler of course) Any bolts or third brake light? Or can I use the existing one?

Thanks for the help :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Rear spoiler question

Post by alexperkins »

Youll need the nuts that go on the bolts into the spoiler, the brake light on it as your current one wont fit and patience!
x3ro
New

Post by x3ro »

Thanks alex :) Even if it's a hassle, its worth every drop of sweat in the end! lol

Maybe this question is stupid because I didnt see the thing yet, but I'm going to ask it anyway...can it be fitted with some sort of glue instead of the bolts?
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Rear spoiler question

Post by red6n2 »

It can be but not recommended, use the search tool cause alex has already provided the part number for the bolts but I'm using tapatalk and can't find it.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

It needs to be bolted in or it wont sit properly - you will have to drill two holes in the tailgate to do this.
x3ro
New

Post by x3ro »

Thanks red6n2 but the actual part numbers are not needed, I just want to be sure that I'm supplied with everything since it's a used part.
Bolts it is then, cheers alex :)
r12nuts
Silver Member

Post by r12nuts »

Hi mate
Mite be easier getting comlete lid and getting it sprayed as i did.
And glue isnt a option, last thing u want is it cuming off while ur on the motorway while sum1 is behind u...ouchh
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

ive seen people who have glued and clamped them on before it looks shoddy and cheap !
x3ro
New

Post by x3ro »

I wouldn't stand it 5 minutes if it looked anywhere near shoddy and cheap! It will be bolted on properly, hopefully sometime soon.
and r12nuts, a complete boot lid would have been ideal but it wasn't a viable option. I can get help with fitting so it won't be a problem :D