Difference in Keyfobs?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Verity
Gold Member

Difference in Keyfobs?

Post by Verity »

This is a bit of a random question but its on my mind.

My mate has just brought herself a polo GTI
and has just text me to ask about the price for a key fob battery (i can get them at work)

My Key fob has only has one battery (CR2032) which is sat nice and tight behind a clip, with no possible way of fitting another battery in
where as my mate's key fob had two batteries (CR2016) which apparently is also sat behind a clip

so different batteries and different amounts of batteries :shock:

I talk people through opening key fobs at work alot (as we arnt meant to touch them) and most of the time the Vag ones always seem to be identical (one battery)

is there any reason theyre different? ...its not important of course, its Just our of curiosity 8)
maybe they changed the keys between 2000 and 2001? (hers is W reg and mine is X)
mattygti
New

Re: Difference in Keyfobs?

Post by mattygti »

Mines a 2000 one and mine has 2 battery's aswell
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

They may have possibly changed the keys along with the engine codes?
bekkibum
New

Post by bekkibum »

It turns out in my key fob for my W reg, there is 2 x CR2016. One under another, separated by a thin piece of metal and held down by a clip. Although, when I took them both out to replace them, the one underneath was a completely different number. I've put 2 CR2016's in, and it works fine and dandy, phew.
I can now get into my own car, without setting off the alarm, and it looking like I stole it. No more embarrassing car park moments!