Des has a new headunit

Discuss In Car Entertainment
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Des has a new headunit

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yep finally got fed up with the dodgy radio reception and bought myself a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB 52. Cost a bit though cause I needed a new DAB ariel. The sound quality has improved ten fold and the amount of digital channels available is astounding, they cater for every music tastes and it's of CD quality.

The illumination matches perfectly and the unit sits flush, what more could I ask for.

:roll:

Des
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

So the UK has DAB? Nice. We're a couple of years behind methinks. Oh well.

Does Blaupunkt still have that OE look going on? I'm kinda annoyed by my Clarion. It sticks out and looks a bit out of place really. The Woodstock has CD, right?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

The only thing I'm not keen on are the silver buttons , but my wife reckons they look OK. Yes it has a single disc built in, behind the flip down panel. The red illumination is exactly the same as the heater controls and the blue volume dial is spot on. In the daytime I wouldn't say it looks like OE though, but at night you can't fault it.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Oh right.

So any pics perhaps? I'm even considering getting a OE unit to make it look better...

(I'm weird like that)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

I wouldn't mind getting a new headunit but I'd want red/blue and flush fit so this sounds good, even if it doesn't look totally oe.

Has it got RCA outs des? And how much we looking at? Any pics?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I'm sure it does have rca outputs, I'll check the manual. total cost was £430 including the ariel. My friend has let me down with the camera but I might be able to get hold of one mid week, I'll take some day and night photos so you can see what the illumination is like.
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Ok thanks :)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

There are plenty of specs on this unit plus a colour piccy. I'll post my own later on this week.

Des

http://www.digitalradio.ca/dabcore.cfm? ... ntoryID=16
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Nice, but this pic doesn't really show how it looks in person, I'd imagine. Impressive specs though. And what about that price tag! I know it CDN, but still!

:shock:
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

I wouldn't mind getting a new headunit but I'd want red/blue and flush fit so this sounds good, even if it doesn't look totally oe.
If your after something like this, try the new range of Rockford Fosagate headunits