Polo 6n2 sub/amp install

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Si_GTi

Polo 6n2 sub/amp install

Post by Si_GTi »

Hi guys

Its summer again! Great for driving about with the windows down and the tunes up, but now I want to upgrade my standard system to include a sub. Currently my ICE is as VW intended, which I'm fairly happy with. What I'd like to do though is install an amp and a sub (in the boot of course) to get a bit more out of the system. I'm very much a newbie to the idea of installs and stuff so I've got a few questions!

First off can the gamma headunit run an amp/sub combo - I think Josh is running this kind of set-up?? Secondly, where is a good place to be running the cabling up the car from headunit to amp/sub?

I'm tempted by the newer sub packages I've seen where the sub is supplied in an enclosure with the amp included and all wired up ready to go - are these any good?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions but I've never done anything like this before beyond swapping out speakers of the same size... :oops:

Cheers
DMWRIGHT
Bronze Member

Post by DMWRIGHT »

I used to have infinity's basslink x until some bugger nicked it :(

Very impressive for an all enclosed system, guess that's what someone else thought!

Dave
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

*has a look on t'interweb*

thanks mate, you mean this one?
http://international.infinitysystems.co ... ge=ENGLISH

Looks perfick for what I want :D

Where can I get one btw?
Robo-Toda
New

Post by Robo-Toda »

That's the one.Incidentally,it's one of the few combo units I can recommend....those VIBE ones they sell at Halfords are pure cack.I'm not just saying that...they are poorly designed,and the boxes are tuned far too high for decent usage.All you get out of them,is pure noise,not music.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

have you had a vibe???
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Robo-Toda wrote:All you get out of them,is pure noise,not music.
Euurgh. Keep hearing the l'il novas round town before I can see 'em lol, all shout and no trousers as they say... I just want to add some depth to my ICE without losing the quality. Don't want to advertise the fact that I've turned the radio on to everyone in a 2-mile radius, know what I mean? :lol:
jon_poloV
Sponsor

vibe

Post by jon_poloV »

Robo-Toda wrote:....those VIBE ones they sell at Halfords are pure cack.I'm not just saying that...they are poorly designed,and the boxes are tuned far too high for decent usage.All you get out of them,is pure noise,not music.
totaly disagree with you.
if you have tried the subs in you car you would know that they are not cack! alot of what comes out of a sub is to do with the amp you use to run it and the frequency range you put through it!!
jon
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

My mate has 2 10" vibes and you can’t get the bass half way before you feel sick!!! For the price I don't think you'll get any better
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

im running 2 10" sony x plods and as im sure any one whos heard it can verify, its indecently loud. no matter what sount your looking for sound deaden everything as you dont loose all the sound so you dont have to turn it up as far. if your looking for a stealthy install either have a look at the pods you can get that go into the side or have a word with martin as he sunk his into his boot floor