blow me! which coilovers?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
veedub 131
New

blow me! which coilovers?

Post by veedub 131 »

is it just me or do the 16v polo's sound like the exhaust is blowing?not a deep sound, its an almost high pitch rasp when and it usually happens when u put your foot down between 2 - 4,000rpm, ive got underneath the car but cant hear any leaks...any ideas???
:roll: i'm also looking at fitting some coilovers to my 16v'r - can anyone recommend any makes to avoid? cheers
ash
Getting There!

Post by ash »

i used to run supersport coilovers. They were among the cheapest on the market, had no damping adjustment but went very low and i had no probs at all with them
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Clueless on the exhaust tbh.

On coilovers: Me and Ash have KW's, on a Mk4 and 5 respectively, and Mole has them on his 9N. They own. H&R is good too, I've tried Josh's GTI and they're really really good as well.

The flipside: Both these brands are expensive. Or rather, it's a lot of money but you do get what you pay for.

If you're on a smaller budget, have a look at FunTech. It's been rumoured this is a low-end offering by KW... Not confirmed though! Nor do I have any experience with them, or any other brands.

Oh, I do: Raceland. Not good.

:roll:
SD_polow
New

Post by SD_polow »

Ive got a set of Weitecs on my Mk4. They're made by K&W but i guess are probbaly a little bit cheaper!
robin
Getting There!

Post by robin »

i have funtechs on mine

had them for almost a year now

was told they are made using kw internals and are the cheaper end of the kw coilovers

they are great

ride is good on them at a 90mm drop.
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

on the exhaust thing....i had a rasp like noise in my exhaust at just over 2000rpm. it was like that until i did a wheel spin up a wet hill. after that the noise was an obvious rattle. a trip to ATS and the verdict was out. mid baffler was breakin up inside. cost £60, and was fixed in half an hour (after 2 days waitin for the part to be ordered). could be the same possibly?