Interior Strip Down

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Interior Strip Down

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya i was wondering if anyone has a workshop manual for these polo's? As im thinking of maybe stripping the car out and fitting abit more sound deadening and upgrading the speakers. :D :shock:
NMavs
Gold Member

Re: Interior Strip Down

Post by NMavs »

Dont have a manual mate, but can prity much tell you everything is just torx screws and a mixture of metal and plastic clips holding the trim pieces in place. Ive had every panel out, including seats in my GTI to find my bloody knocking noise. And i found the cause, so all is good :D Let us know if you need any help :lol:
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

What was you knocking noise after all? Im wanting to take the door panels off and maybe the rear panels. Did you have to disconnect the battery to take the seats out? :wink:
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

My car was missing some spot welds from manufacture, so the rear quater panel and the roof skin where flexing against one another, creating a very very tedious clunking noise. T**sers at VW had 11 attempts and cudnt fix it, so i took it upon myself and did it first time round. lol. Just seperated the sheets with a sheet of 3mm rubber and all is well :D And no, no need to disconnect battery pal, for what reason? Seats are just held in by 2 metal C-clamps either side.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Your battery is under the bonnet Candyman, why would you need to mess about with that? :lol:
Dom.
Bronze Member

Post by Dom. »

Candy, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery.
If you dont theres a chance the Airbag/SRS light will light up on the display or even worse, yet quite unlikely, the Airbag may discharge.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Was wondering about disconnecting the battery as the seats have airbags fitted and also heated seats and seatbelt warning so didn't want to put errors in the system or the airbag going boom :roll: May take the carpet out and fit some more sound deadening? But may just do the sides for now. :wink:
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

CANDYMAN wrote:Was wondering about disconnecting the battery as the seats have airbags fitted and also heated seats and seatbelt warning so didn't want to put errors in the system or the airbag going boom :roll: May take the carpet out and fit some more sound deadening? But may just do the sides for now. :wink:

dont you find the polo to be quite enough ? i hear hardly any road noise !
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Yeah it is quiet but it could do with a bit more surpression :D I can pick up the plastic panels resonating slightly so i want to look at quietening them and maybe put a bit more on the metalwork for the speaker upgrade that's planned :D
Deako
Bronze Member

Post by Deako »

Mine desparately needs to go back to VW at the moment. There is a rattle from inside the rear view mirror, and its driving me insane.
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

CANDYMAN wrote:Yeah it is quiet but it could do with a bit more surpression :D I can pick up the plastic panels resonating slightly so i want to look at quietening them and maybe put a bit more on the metalwork for the speaker upgrade that's planned :D
Just get an exhaust, then you won't hear it ;)

I have the service manuals for the interior, send me a pm with your email and I can send them to you, or you could do what I did and creat an account on ERWIN and download them yourself direct from VW. Yeah, you have to pay a fee, but you can also check up any service bulletins, software updates etc avaialable for you car.