My 6 Speed GTi Powered 6n2

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
georgen
Bronze Member

My 6 Speed GTi Powered 6n2

Post by georgen »

Cant find a welcome thread so will just put it here. a few on here will already know my car but for the rest it started as a 2002 1.4 match, now running gti engine, 6 speed box.
bought her like this
to this
Bit beading

still got loads to do, exhaust, gti rear axel, headlight washers then xenons and get the auto headlight levelers to work.
Last edited by georgen on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: New member 6 speed 6n2

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Welcome to UK Polos 8)

Very nice motor mate, always nice to see a car brought back to life
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Welcome to UK Polos 8)

Very nice motor mate, always nice to see a car brought back to life
Thanks for the welcome, will keep yous posted as things move along 8)
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

Well postman delivered a couple of pressies today, so eventually going to get on with the exhaust, coupling these up to a mongoose centre pipe i believe you 6N2 GTI 00 used to own, as it came from Mandy's car, dont know if the backbox will survive as its being attacked with a angle grinder as didnt want twin pipes. going to get two new lamba nuts fabricated so i can get lamba's in correct position, decat pipe will be cut to insert the sport Cat.

georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

Well, put the exhaust on and took it back off three days later, problems with front exhaust hangers being wrong for my car as I am not running a polo subframe, this had a knock on effect with the centre box sitting too high and fouling my heat shields too, so vibrations and knocking as it was fouling my roll bar too, another non polo item, so knocked pre cat out of standard down pipe and refitted complete standard pipe. so this 4-1 decat pipe and cat is up for sale. have also just bought another set of coilovers so will hopefully get a these and axle fitted soon as ive got a few days off coming up. exhaust will have to wait till i can afford a custom jobbie.
georgen
Bronze Member

Re: My 6 Speed GTi Powered 6n2

Post by georgen »

Well not done much lately, fitted GTi steering wheel, dyed carpet, needs doing again as only had half a litre but looks much better, pics don't really show it as it was too sunny (my s**t camera hates the sun lol). and Ive also got round to painting my gti calipers and carriers blue so fitted them as-well, when I striped brakes down there were shagged so put disks and pads on that came with calipers when I bought gti rear axle, they had some surface rust but were almost new. Also sorted out my engine cover as one of the slide clips snapped, not much of a update but took most of the day.
Got another set of coilovers but need my arches rolling first.

TRiBaL
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.4 16V 6n2

Post by TRiBaL »

Great job!
It will look a lot better if you fit a color coded gti splitter. It is a must in my opinion

You should also consider a short antenna, rear wiper removal for cleaner look and a tailgate spoiler.
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

TRiBaL wrote:Great job!
It will look a lot better if you fit a color coded gti splitter. It is a must in my opinion

You should also consider a short antenna, rear wiper removal for cleaner look and a tailgate spoiler.
I have a short Arial, must fit. I also have a gti spoiler but against fitting it as I think it will spoil the lines, dont want a gti splitter, although colour coded might be Ok. will never loose the rear wiper though I am going to upgrade it to something less ugly, I dont want it to look like a GTi cos its not and in my opinion its better, there are much better with 6 gears and box is less problematic too, But cheers for the input. :D
TRiBaL
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.4 16V 6n2

Post by TRiBaL »

Well, its a matter of personal taste. I insist on the color coded splitter though. It's the best mod i've done! Even better than smoothed bumpers. :) :wink:

P.S. Your paint is great!
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

Ill keep an eye out for a splitter since you insist :wink: , paintwork was horrible when I got it but Ive spent quite a bit time on it, and stil got a bit to go, the best thing I found was that Harly wax, that last pic was just car washed dried and tyres dressed, its not been waxed for over 2 month.
Cheers for the comments :D

Pics of yours?
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

georgen wrote:
TRiBaL wrote:Great job!

I have a short Arial, must fit. I also have a gti spoiler but against fitting it as I think it will spoil the lines, dont want a gti splitter, although colour coded might be Ok. will never loose the rear wiper though I am going to upgrade it to something less ugly, I dont want it to look like a GTi cos its not and in my opinion its better, there are much better with 6 gears and box is less problematic too, But cheers for the input. :D

Ill have the spoiler off your hands if you wana sell ;)
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

make me an offer for spoiler and I will get price for delivery.

randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

Erm dono how much they worth but here goes £25?
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

Was thinking of more like £50 for it as this is what it stands me, might move a little but not much.
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Looking good George 8)