Motorspeed Alloys

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Crisis
Bronze Member

Motorspeed Alloys

Post by Crisis »

http://www.motorspeed.com/

An excellent site I have to say, seems like some cheap alloy wheel deals goin on.

£379 with 195/45/15 tyres.

£339 with 195/45/15 tyres.

Incredible dont ya fink? Well I was impressed, cause I know that tyre size is more expensive than the ones you get in the normal alloy/tyre packs. I was expectin to have to pay £400 + for the set of 4. Seems I was wrong.

Anyone bought from here before? Or is there some bad news I am unaware of?
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

You get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally I don't like them, but that’s me and everyone has there own tastes. Wheels with lots of spokes on small wheels make them look even smaller :cry: your style seems to be a bit max power so I would recommend you go for a wheel called the AZ brio, demon tweeks do a package and they don't usually stock crap. £440 with tyres,

What tyres are coming with those motorspeed wheel
Demons stick Yokohama's on :D
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

Actually I’d say save up and buy a set of coilovers and slam it on some nice polished D90's :D :D :D
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Wheels with lots of spokes on small wheels make them look even smaller
Didn't know that, I'll keep that in mind :)

Im not actually over bothered with what tyres they put on. I only work part time, Im a student, I can't afford anything and everything. Its stretching it to spend £400 on alloys. And most places have that as the starting price.

Trust if I had the money I would go the extra mile, but Im not going to do that just yet on my 1st car.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

I’m a student as well, it's worth saving, otherwise you'll end up buying twice!!!! I’m glad I’ve got half decent tyres so I can have a bit of fun in my 1.0L if not in a strait line
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

1.0L all the way my friend :)

Hehe. Im going down an Alloy place on Thurs, gonna see what they have on offer and whats going on.

Just at the moment I can't buy anything over £400, cause its me and my dad lookin for alloys for my car, but he is not going to let me buy them for over £400. Being a new driver, I could badly curb my alloys or something so easily and it could be a diaster.

Im not going for cheapo tyres, but Im not going to pay alot for them. Going for your avergae -> decent range.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

Within 2 hours of getting my wheels i put my car into a ditch!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Remember to let your tyres scrub in!
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

if you're stuck for cash then get some 2nd hand alloys. you will spend 200 tops. otherwise save up for another month or so and spend 440. my Rial's cost me 440 from styledynamix and I love em.
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

hey thats cool just lookin at the styledynamix website, gonna get some quotes going on.
jon_poloV
Sponsor

buying!

Post by jon_poloV »

dubpolo wrote: it's worth saving, otherwise you'll end up buying twice!!!!
so very true o wise man!
also you can buy second hand alloys here

www.alloywheelrefurb.co.uk

they have new and second had wheels for sale referbished give them a buzz!
jon
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Update:
Went to my local Alloy place (Protyre) had a look around, got some ideas and everything.

Probably going to go for some:

Fox 5 Evo

OR

Fox 6

But Im still going to look at Wolfrace, cause I love them so much. Still 15z.