Hi!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
polo_chick
Getting There!

Hi!

Post by polo_chick »

Hey! Just joined the site, looks well!! Great to see so many other VW modifiers! 8)

I drive a VW Polo (surprise surprise!) 1.0L. Current mods I have: Lowered 50mm, sport grill, clear side repeaters, front indicators, lexus lights, debaged.

Mods to come: 15" rims, spoiler, M5 mirrors, ibiza splitter, M3 sideskirts, rear splitter - ICE!

Recently bought a new gear knob and if anyone can tell me how to get the old one off I'd really appreciate it! :lol: Well happy modding peeps! :D
jon_poloV
Sponsor

welcome

Post by jon_poloV »

welcome to the site! you have been busy already!
jon
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

thanks! yup, just can't seem to stop modding! not doing too badly for only having the car a few months! :lol:
StevePolo
Getting There!

Post by StevePolo »

Hi

The gear knob is a simple mod, just pull your new gaitor off round the bottom and over the top of your current knob, then there's a clip that you can prise open, it should just slide off.

Steve
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

Thanks for the help Steve! Will try that and see how I get on! Hopefully have a nice new gearknob later! :lol:

Cheers

B
StevePolo
Getting There!

Post by StevePolo »

No problem, the clip is a triangle shape, you just need to prise it open with a screwdriver. If I can do it anyone can.
Nelson
Getting There!

Post by Nelson »

Or give it a good wiggle and just yank it off! Your hand hits the roof at a fair pace though, so watch it!

J
Blk6N
New

Post by Blk6N »

Bet your insurance aint cheap! :wink:

:D

Nice car by the way
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

mmm .. well tried to get the gear knob off last nite but with no luck! :cry: Will try pulling it off later (no smart comments :lol: ).

@ Blk6n - my insurance ain't actually too bad. Being female and 21 definitely helps tho! :lol:
StevePolo
Getting There!

Post by StevePolo »

[quote="polo_chick"]mmm .. well tried to get the gear knob off last nite but with no luck! :cry: Will try pulling it off later (no smart comments :lol: ).

Where did it go wrong?
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

Well i pulled the trim up and unclipped the black clip underneath but it wouldn't budge! Is it just me being blonde or is there another clip I'm supposed to remove first? :lol:
StevePolo
Getting There!

Post by StevePolo »

erm, not sure it's a while since I did mine, if i remember right there is a metal collar, with a triangular bit, sort of like this >O you need to put a small screwdriver in the tip of the v and twist it so it goes like this =O then it should just pull straight off.
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

Cheers for the advice Steve ... I think I know the metal clip you are talking about so will try it and see how it goes!

Thanks for the help! :)
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

Polo is the same of mine by the looks of things!

I've debadged, clear side repeaters and clear fronts, lexus lights, got a 12" Sub in the back, Im looking at 15" alloys at the moment, then I dont know, probably a spoiler of some sort, nothing to suttle though.

Anyone got a Polo with different mirrors on? Im curious 2 see what it looks like.
polo_chick
Getting There!

Post by polo_chick »

sweet! nice wee motor by the sounds of it! I'm hoping to get M5 mirrors pretty soon and have a spoiler just waiting to be sprayed etc. Will take a few pics once I have it all on and you can see wot u think :)

B