HID Lights

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Lucaio
Bronze Member

HID Lights

Post by Lucaio »

I know nothing about these HID/Xenon (are they the same thing?) headlights apart from they look pretty 'cool'.

Want to put some on my 9n3, and was wondering if you guys could give me the basics of it all? I have seen these conversion kits for them ranging from £30 to £200 which ones do I go for/which ones fit my car? I heard some chuck up an error so I might need a CANBUS kit wire thingy? Are they pretty easy to install?
umar-dub
Silver Member

Re: HID Lights

Post by umar-dub »

Lucaio wrote:I know nothing about these HID/Xenon (are they the same thing?) headlights apart from they look pretty 'cool'.

Want to put some on my 9n3, and was wondering if you guys could give me the basics of it all? I have seen these conversion kits for them ranging from £30 to £200 which ones do I go for/which ones fit my car? I heard some chuck up an error so I might need a CANBUS kit wire thingy? Are they pretty easy to install?
I have a 9n3 with a quality xenon kit. I sell xenon lights and L.E.D bulbs as a trade. (www.xenons-r-us.com)
Basically the kits i sell are anti glare as they are the H7R bulbs. The bulb it self has a coating on it which stops giving out silly amount of flare which a cheap kit will.
My HID bulbs are metal base whereas most of them are plastic base. Benefit of metal base is they are easier to fit and much better quality.

A customer came to me not to long ago to show me what had happened to his plastic base bulb (badly burnt). He had replaced his plastic base with out metal base bulbs :)

The ballasts i sell are slim base CANBUS PRO. Not that your polo needs a CANBUS kit because on the polo 9n3 it will not bring up an error at all.

With the metal base bulbs i was able to put the kit on with out taking the front bumper off and removing the headlights. But for someone who hasnt fitted a kit its best if the remvoe the front bumper, headlights out and put the kit in. Its all plug and play no need to cut any wires.

Add us on facebook to see all the Polo 9n3, 6r and 6n2 we have done:
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/XenonsRUs

Ebay shop: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/xenons-r-us/m ... ksid=p3692

Remember if your a UK POLO member you do receive discount on all products :)
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Cheers mate! Was actually looking at your kit on eBay yesterday.

So I just buy your kit, remove the front bumper and headlights and fit the kit? I heard you have to make slight alterations to the headlights for it to fit, is this right?
Also, I read somewhere that it was becoming illegal to have self fitted HIDs, is this true or just a complete lie?
buzzmotorsport
Bronze Member

Post by buzzmotorsport »

I never had to remove headlights or bumper not quite sure why you would, slightly fiddly but pretty easy with both in place.

Alex
buzzmotorsport
Bronze Member

Post by buzzmotorsport »

I never had to remove headlights or bumper not quite sure why you would, slightly fiddly but pretty easy with both in place.

Also it has been illegal for a while now unless you have self levelling lights and headlight washers or projectors.. However I have never been questioned about them as I run them on the lowest setting which doesn't blind other drivers!

Alex
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Lucaio wrote:Cheers mate! Was actually looking at your kit on eBay yesterday.

So I just buy your kit, remove the front bumper and headlights and fit the kit? I heard you have to make slight alterations to the headlights for it to fit, is this right?
Also, I read somewhere that it was becoming illegal to have self fitted HIDs, is this true or just a complete lie?
I did mention it can be done with out removing the front bumper!

In regards to xenons being illegal to all the customers i have supplied to they have never had any problems with the law or when it comes to M.O.T. As long as there nothing above 8k and the headlights are aligned correctly. But the law is you need to have self levelling headlights and washer jets. But as i do this as a trade i have never had any issues. Going back about 3 years ago there was a massive debate about xenons are not allowed. 3 years on xenons are still being sold with out any issues :)

No need to make any alterations to the headlight at all. I wil also send a guide how to fit these for the polo 9n3's if you was to purchase a kit through us :)
candypolo12
New

Post by candypolo12 »

I will give you advice DONT get anything over 12k haha I had 15k bulbs they were pink/purple and my favourite lights EVER!! Obviously cause I'm a girl but I got made to take them out by the stupid police lol