MK6 Polo 9N Build Thread Slammed on BBS

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
liamallsopp
New

Post by liamallsopp »

2nd Build thread -

The previous car had to be sold due to starting my own insurance policy and the price hit the roof!

so i decided to sell up and buy a small engined veedub

After alot of browseing the internet for a desent looked after car i saw this

85,000 on the clock, It had only 1 previous owner(lady) and had full service history from new, Serveced by VW themselves every 8 thousand miles.

Its only a 1.2 but its cheap to insure till i get 1 or 2 years no claims, Then ill go back to a big diesel engine.

The paint work wasnt bad at all to be honest just 3 or 4 very minor little stone dents that you wouldnt notice inless you got down and actally full on looked for them witch made me want it even more. The First thing i wanted to do was give it a full on valet to restore the paint work and get it looking its best. And also another 5 minute mod i did was remove the rear wiper and colour code the rear badge

Then i had a trip to halfords to purcase a roof bar fitting kit to go on my aero bars and chucked them on after work.

The next week i brought a set of coilovers and had them fitted by my mate sam trigg, We found that the anti roll bar drop links were siting on the driveshaft so removed it intill i purcased some shortened ones. I wound them down all the way and just wasnt happy with the result as they only went to 100mm

next on my mind was the wheels i couldnt stand driveng round on steelies, I was looking for weeks for a nice desent set, After nearly buying a rough set of BBS RCs i decieded not to and saw B2OCO selling an amazing fresh set of BBS RXII s 17x17.5" that had all new 185/35s on, 5x100 so just bolted straight on so were perfect really.

Anyway as the weather was carp and snow comeing soon i didnt bother putting them on for a couple of weeks, wanted to wait for the weather to clear.

So after work one day i decided to put them on andwhen i took my front wheels off the tyres were f'ed and i dint even no about it, I belive it was due to going low witch camberd the front wheels slightly.

But yeahh i test fitted the RXIIs and in my opinion they suited the car well! just needed more lows

At this point i had it moted and needed the rollbar putting back in so i purcased the shortened droplinks and put it back in.
Couple of days later had the coilovers back out and sold them to a friend, So it was back to standard height and steelies for a week :/

Ordered a new set hopeing they would be more comftable and go lower and when the weekend came got to it putting them back in!

Also cut the bumstrips down.

DROP LINKS

FRONT STRUTS

REAR STRUNTS/SPRINGS

Got them all in, Was happy with the rears but still not happy with the fronts :/

Got Bored one day so i sprayed my front badge satin black and put a set of lockin wheel nuts in with some covers

Today i wrapped the door handels and a few other bits in carbon wrap, Also trimmed the dash board ends in black suede.

DRIVERS DOORCARD

PASSENGERS DOORCARD

DASHBOARD AIR VENTS

DASHBOARD ENDS

Also decied to make a custom Iphone 5 holder under the cd player:

So this is as it stands

Future plans:
More lows on the front - maybe some small top mounts or somert got to find away to get lower!
votex front and back splitters and skirts
Front DRLS
Tint front lights
88rsr
Silver Member

Re: MK6 Polo 9N Build Thread Slammed on BBS

Post by 88rsr »

Looks tidy that mate, liking the RXII's in 17s never thought about looking for some of those, I better not let my missus know or she'll want some :lol:
joshht
New

Post by joshht »

Look's great! I've carbon wrapped a few interior things but you've given me a few new ideas and I like the wheel nut covers :D

Also ive got drl's but having problems getting them working :cry:
Here's my interior mods and DRL'S:

Mujnu
New

Post by Mujnu »

I was wondering what alloys are on the polo above?
joshht
New

Post by joshht »

They are vw exors :D
Jay1991
New

Post by Jay1991 »

How'd you do the seude on the inside of the door dude ? Done my headliner in seude so got some left over. Did you remove the dash or what ?
Kamarley
New

Post by Kamarley »

Loving this build bro! I'm looking to sell up my Micra in September and upgrade to the 1.2 9n once I get my one years no claims :) what are the engines like with miles on the clock, I don't really know what is a healthy amount.
Kamarley
New

Post by Kamarley »

Sick build! I'm looking to get one of these soon, what is a good amount of miles for it to still last me at its age?
PollyGTI
New

Post by PollyGTI »

Where'd you get the wheel nut covers?
Got a link ? And how much were they ??

Cars looks well BTW
JordM93
New

Post by JordM93 »

What were the TA coilovers like to drive with? Been thinking of getting them myself and also where did you get them? :D