Greg's Candy White 1.2 TDI - For Sale!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gregperkins
Gold Member
Drives: 2011 Ibis White Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport

Greg's Candy White 1.2 TDI - For Sale!

Post by gregperkins »

Hey guys :)

Been on the forum a couple of years now. Started off with a 1.0L Silver 6N2, then upgraded to a red Polo GTI 6N2. I have gone for a candy white Polo 1.2 TDI Match this time! I am collecting it on the 16th March, literally can't wait!

It has 16" knight alloys and rear privacy glass as added extras. I have been looking at a few of the candy white build threads on here, and they look awesome after having a few bits done to them! I will use them as inspiration!

Have bought a couple of bits so far such as LED numberplate bulbs, side lights, philips x-treme vision bulbs for dipped beams etc.

Only have this one picture so far, but will put more on when I collect it!

Possible things to consider in the future:

Lower SEL grill
GTI grill
RCD510

What bits would you guys recommend doing :)?

Greg 8)

Last edited by gregperkins on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
franko247g
Bronze Member

Greg's Candy White 1.2 TDI Match

Post by franko247g »

Looks really nice fella, just did my gti & sel grilles yesterday and gives it a complete new look :)
Gewoonjan
New

Re: Greg's Candy White 1.2 TDI Match

Post by Gewoonjan »

Going to be a lovely car!
Over at our dutch forum candy white is really popular, so a lot of those can be seen there ;)

About the bits, my suggestion would be a 'chip' tune as the standard 75hp isn't much fun. I drive a 1.2TDI as well and it was tuned to about 100hp (haven't done a dyno test) and it's just how it should have been from the start if you ask my opinion :)
Other bits might be black VW logo's, painting the black pad underneath the rear logo (candy white or something else), removing the rear wiper, a sport steering wheel of a golf 6 r/GTI/gtd or a scirocco (or just the sport wheel of a polo r-line), lowering the car and to complement that a nice 18 inch set of wheels ;)
(and maybe even a xenon projector retrofit)

Hope you've got another few ideas from my suggestions! And I'm looking forward to seeing the progress :D
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

franko247g wrote:Looks really nice fella, just did my gti & sel grilles yesterday and gives it a complete new look :)
Thanks man! They look pretty stealthy from the front I think! I've had a look at yours and it looks great mate. Love what you've done with it!

Bit of an odd question, but until I get my car I can't check this for myself...

You know the seat adjustment handle on the right of the seat which makes the seat higher or lower? I have found a little insert on ebay and was wondering if there is a groove on the top of it?

Would it be possible to take a quick picture for me?

Don't worry if not dude!

8)
franko247g
Bronze Member

Post by franko247g »

Yeah will do pal no prob ill do it once I'm out of work at 5 unless somebody beats me too it. Any questions just drop me a message I'm happy to help where I can and if your as exited as I was I'm sure you'll have a lot of questions! Your car looks really nice tho I must say but I love the 6r think its a really nice shape :D
franko247g
Bronze Member

Post by franko247g »

There you go fella! What insert u after buying for it?
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

I've seen the inserts too and I'm sure they only fit the Golf MK5 looking at the shape of them. :(
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looks nice
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

I've just noticed that you've got the 1.2 TDI, good choice 8) I really want the knight alloys, if they go missing in the night it wasn't me :roll: engine wise, Only thing that's a bit annoying on them is the amount of turbo lag and the fact that 1st gear doesn't get you anywhere! It's a strong engine all in all and will cruise in the fast lane at fast lane speeds at around 3000rpm the lazy git. Just wish that a remap will hurry up and make an entrance, I've got a tuning box on it at the mo and it's improved drivability but nothing about the turbo lag. Sorry for dragging on :P
Last edited by jimbo_tdi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

franko247g wrote:Image

There you go fella! What insert u after buying for it?
Thanks for the picture man! Unfortunately it isn't how I was hoping it would be :( As jimbo_tdi said, they only fit the golf mk5 :(
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

Gewoonjan wrote:Going to be a lovely car!
Over at our dutch forum candy white is really popular, so a lot of those can be seen there ;)

About the bits, my suggestion would be a 'chip' tune as the standard 75hp isn't much fun. I drive a 1.2TDI as well and it was tuned to about 100hp (haven't done a dyno test) and it's just how it should have been from the start if you ask my opinion :)
Other bits might be black VW logo's, painting the black pad underneath the rear logo (candy white or something else), removing the rear wiper, a sport steering wheel of a golf 6 r/GTI/gtd or a scirocco (or just the sport wheel of a polo r-line), lowering the car and to complement that a nice 18 inch set of wheels ;)
(and maybe even a xenon projector retrofit)

Hope you've got another few ideas from my suggestions! And I'm looking forward to seeing the progress :D
Thanks for all the great ideas mate! I probably wont be looking to 'chip' it, as it needs to be as economic as possible for work purposes! It's going to be quite a difference from my GTI, but i'll get used to it! I like to keep things OEM, and have always kept my badges in original chrome, but I may change my mind when i have the car 8) I will probably use gloss black carbon in the inserts of the rear badge :)

I won't be lowering either as it needs to be more practical than my GTI! It will stay reasonably standard, just subtle mods here and there :). May possibly gloss black the mirrors, or carbon fiber them.

Cheers for the advice dude 8)
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

jimbo_tdi wrote:I've just noticed that you've got the 1.2 TDI, good choice 8) I really want the knight alloys, if they go missing in the night it wasn't me :roll: engine wise, it takes some getting used to from the old PD units/petrol powered cars but once you've got the hang of it you're laughing! Only thing that's a bit annoying on them is the amount of turbo lag and the fact that 1st gear doesn't get you anywhere! It's a strong engine all in all and will cruise in the fast lane at fast lane speeds at around 3000rpm the lazy git. Just wish that a remap will hurry up and make an entrance, I've got a tuning box on it at the mo and it's improved drivability but nothing about the turbo lag. Sorry for dragging on :P
The reason I chose the 1.2 TDI is for its huge MPG! Plus the fact the new shape looks great. I did test drive one, and the ride was very comfortable and the road noise was very quiet at high speeds! I was very impressed 8)

I am itching to pick it up now! Going to give it a good polish, coat it with Collinite and spend some time cleaning the interior the day I get it :D After all that's done, il put the new bulbs in, along with the footrest plate etc 8)
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

tt509 wrote:looks nice
Cheers dude 8)
Gewoonjan
New

Post by Gewoonjan »

If users here can't ask for permission to use photo's from our dutch forum (where I am a team member), than I don't want to be active here anymore.
Last edited by Gewoonjan on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

gregperkins wrote:
jimbo_tdi wrote:I've just noticed that you've got the 1.2 TDI, good choice 8) I really want the knight alloys, if they go missing in the night it wasn't me :roll: engine wise, it takes some getting used to from the old PD units/petrol powered cars but once you've got the hang of it you're laughing! Only thing that's a bit annoying on them is the amount of turbo lag and the fact that 1st gear doesn't get you anywhere! It's a strong engine all in all and will cruise in the fast lane at fast lane speeds at around 3000rpm the lazy git. Just wish that a remap will hurry up and make an entrance, I've got a tuning box on it at the mo and it's improved drivability but nothing about the turbo lag. Sorry for dragging on :P
The reason I chose the 1.2 TDI is for its huge MPG! Plus the fact the new shape looks great. I did test drive one, and the ride was very comfortable and the road noise was very quiet at high speeds! I was very impressed 8)

I am itching to pick it up now! Going to give it a good polish, coat it with Collinite and spend some time cleaning the interior the day I get it :D After all that's done, il put the new bulbs in, along with the footrest plate etc 8)
Haha it is amazingly economical, during the summer months I was getting 65mpg+ easily I'm the motorway at 70, and lowest was 58mpg around town, winter diesel has taken its toll and I'm typically getting 6/7mpg less :) you on DW? You seem like a suitable person. ;)