Schmidt modern lines..

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
cooz93
Bronze Member

Schmidt modern lines..

Post by cooz93 »

Anyone got pics of their (or someone else's) 9n3 on 16"? Tried google but there's barely any!!
Cheers
Dennis
Bronze Member

Re: Schmidt modern lines..

Post by Dennis »

3piece or 1piece?

3piece ML (9x16 all round; front ET34 (19 after 15mm spacers because of the brakes), back ET21 with 215/35 Falken tyres)

on the 3rd and 4th pic he had camber shims at the back
Gtiandy
Getting There!

Post by Gtiandy »

Here's mine...

Sorry in advance, not had a chance to get any good photos yet.

There 7" front and 9" rear Et 15 all round
cooz93
Bronze Member

Post by cooz93 »

Perfect! Cheers guys. Was wondering how the 9" rears would fit! Also what coilovers are you both using? Both cars sit really well, just how I want!
Where did you get them from? I've seen them on rim style but doesn't mention et! Is there any scraping on the backs? I've got 17"d just now but wanting 16"s and fancy these!
Dennis
Bronze Member

Post by Dennis »

Andy had KW VAR 1 without helpers and 1,5 degrees camber shims; didn't scrub at the back as he had 215/35 tyres

the 3piece ones are pretty rare and even more in 5x100 and such "high" offsets

you looking at 3 or 1piece ones?
Gtiandy
Getting There!

Post by Gtiandy »

I'm using cheapo JOM coilovers atm and for comfort rating there are better than previous kw's I've had.

The fronts have the helpers out and around an inch and a half of thread left and the rears just dont the spring adjusters or bases in.

I'm going to be lowering the front more once I've had the arches rolled and some more strech fitted and the rear sits fine and is okay 99% of the time but those odd bumps make it catch and I now have no paint on the inner arches lol.

I would highly recommend rim style it's where I got mine from, best customer service I've ever had from a company. If you get stuck just give them a call they will be more than happy to help.
cooz93
Bronze Member

Post by cooz93 »

When he took the helpers out, what did he do about the drop links? I tried to take mine out a few days ago but it wouldn't go any lower and something was running while driving! Using FK street coilovers, not the comfiest!
To be honest I'd love the 3 price splits but don't think my budget will allow it, think there like £1500 new!! So probably be going for the 1 piece..