Polo 9n3 TDi PD130

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
1FlyTDI!
New

Polo 9n3 TDi PD130

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

Hi guys

This is my first post on this forum so please excuse me if I post in the wrong section ( mods feel free to move to correct section if I am at the wrong place ). I am from South Africa and decided to join this forum to see if there is any cool things I can add to my Polo which is not tooo popular mods in SA

I got the car back in 2009 when I was 17 years old and it was still in a 100% stock form. I have been up and down with modding this Polo but I guess I am on the right track now... Below is a few pics from how the car transformed over the years up until now

When I got the car in '09

Plates off and red stripe on the grill the very same day I got the car
PD160 followed soon after together with a de-cat

Then some 18inch wheels ( I have from the start been a fan of 18s on the 2 door )

Joey Mod Headlights

Cupra Lip , Coilovers , GTi Sideskirts , GTi Rear Apron

Changed the wheels to Omanyts

Most recent pics ( Audi S5 reps now ) and a booming custom sound install

My car also features a FMIC , Aquamist WMI and some E-Tuners software. Golf5 GTi steeringwheel , Custom boost guage vent mod , Sony Double Din Radio and few other stuff. Hoping to learn from this forum as there is always room for improvement :roll: Verry recently I made around 163whp and 425nm's , but I will have to dyno again soon as I got a revised map afterwards
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Re: Polo 9n3 TDi PD130

Post by quinnygti »

Nice car like the second set of wheels you fitted what power u hoping to get outa the tdi?
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

quinnygti wrote:Nice car like the second set of wheels you fitted what power u hoping to get outa the tdi?
Thanx guy. Are you talking about the Golf5 R32 omanyts ???
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

Today I upgraded my double din that is only 2 weeks old

From this

To this
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

Photoshoot done today :twisted:

Thanx for looking
MODDED9N
Gold Member

Post by MODDED9N »

Had a 1.9tdi like yours and your car brought back so many memories! White brake carriers... Always wanted to do that! My bro has the same wheels on is 3.2 A3 in 19"... LOOKS MEAN
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

This is very nice! I always thought that 18's on a polo were a little too big but those Audi wheels really work. Wish that my 130 was black too, it looks absolutely immense - you've done well :)
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

MODDED9N wrote:Had a 1.9tdi like yours and your car brought back so many memories! White brake carriers... Always wanted to do that! My bro has the same wheels on is 3.2 A3 in 19"... LOOKS MEAN
Thanx bud. White callipers were horrible so I stripped them and made them Pink , also the front strip were made pink on the grill. Been like this for a while now but the front brakes is ruined again.
Eddie9n wrote:This is very nice! I always thought that 18's on a polo were a little too big but those Audi wheels really work. Wish that my 130 was black too, it looks absolutely immense - you've done well :)
Thanx bro. When I sat in a sportline for the 1st time the car had 17s on and I decided when I get a car like this I'll be rolling on 18s and thats exactly what I did. I do not like small wheels like 15s or 16s. 17s looks nice on a 4 door but on a 2 door the rear looks too big for the 17s. Black is a real b!tch to keep clean but OH SO PRETTY when its shining nicely
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Hows the ride on 18's? does it not catch at all?
it looks crazy!
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

Yeahhluke wrote:Hows the ride on 18's? does it not catch at all?
it looks crazy!
Ride with 215-35-18 is harsh but not too bad. Ride with 18s and coilovers set so low is bad. Im not gona lie it drives hard but when I get a nice piece of road it feels normal. Does not catch at all but I never let people in the rear , if I do ( my 15 year old brother ) it scraped all over the show
BradTDI
New

Post by BradTDI »

I know this ride 8)
Thought I would make my way over to the UKPolos site as well :mrgreen:
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

A while ago I had some issues with the car. Had the car to a couple of places to search for my intermittend issue and no one was able to locate the problem. I went for a photoshoot and less than 5km's from the venue - BAM. Did the shoot although no rig shots were taken due to my problem I had. Drove the car home as slow as possible thanx to my boy @BradTDI for the patience :mrgreen: We eventually ruled that the passanger outer CV was the issue and I had it replaced and then also regreased all my CVs while at it. In the process my pink calipers suffered badly and I decided to make then Gloss Black. Golf .:R style :twisted: While I was busy I also decided to go back to my black and white theme so the front grill and my badges were resprayed. Happy with the whole look again. The black calipers looks real nice as it draws attention away from the caliper and focuses it onto the rim itsself. I will post a pic or 2 later in the day.
BradTDI wrote:I know this ride 8)
Thought I would make my way over to the UKPolos site as well :mrgreen:
Nice bro !!! Verry quiet forum though ....
1FlyTDI!
New

Post by 1FlyTDI! »

Lucaio
Bronze Member

Post by Lucaio »

Love it!
Great job man!