Part Numbers and Specifications

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Riske
New

Part Numbers and Specifications

Post by Riske »

I have been trawling through google and forums looking for parts lists and specs on the 6r polos.
Main reason is to see the difference between the 1.4tsi in the GTI and the BlueGT. Both are twin charged and I'm guessing the turbo is bigger on the GTI? Or is it just the mapping? Where can I find the differences?
I realise there are other major differences such as ACT. Has anyone gone for the BlueGT to mod and have a manual rather than GTI DSG?
Also can someone point me to info on direct injection and modifications. Do you need bigger injectors if you were to start going beyond stage 3 on these engines?
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Re: Part Numbers and Specifications

Post by vc-10 »

The 140PS is a totally different engine from the 180PS. I think the 140PS is just turbocharged, not twincharged, and of course has the ACT system, along with stop/start and regenerative braking.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

You can't really compare the two engines.

The BlueGT 1,4 is only turbo charged and is a completely new engine from VW as part of their new engine line they are bringing out now.
If you see the engines side by side virtually no parts are shared between the two engines.

Also the placement of the engines in the engine compartment is different. In the BlueGT the engine is tilted back towards the firewall where it's tilted forwards in the GTI. That should give a little better weight distribution i the BlueGT. :)
Riske
New

Post by Riske »

Ok I see. So the ACT 1.4 is completely different engine. I was told by the dealer both we're twin charged?!

Anyway I would still be keen to know more details of the engine and specs on the turbo, injectors, inter cooler etc. what does it share with other models and what's unique to the 140ps ACT. Is there a parts software or list?
THANKS
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Riske wrote:Ok I see. So the ACT 1.4 is completely different engine. I was told by the dealer both we're twin charged?!

Anyway I would still be keen to know more details of the engine and specs on the turbo, injectors, inter cooler etc. what does it share with other models and what's unique to the 140ps ACT. Is there a parts software or list?
THANKS
the most unique thing about it most be that it can switch of two cylinders when you just cruise along and the car need onlye a little torque.

Riske
New

Post by Riske »

Thanks Martin for the video.

I have done research on the engine and it's amazing Cylinder on Demand tech but i would like to know more about the ancillaries that attach to it compared with other polo's or golfs etc. Would be good to know what other cars share stuff with this vehicle. For servicing or modifications reasons.