Long time lurker with a Polo TDI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Hi everyone I've always been a Polo fan as have my family and I've been lurking in over the past year or so and have finally got round to signing up. We've had our latest addition a Reflex Silver Polo SE 1.2 TDI since June last year where she was just under a year old. The plan was to slowly add options that it didn't have up to a spec that I was happy with, which seems never ending! I'll get some pics up ASAP and I'll be starting a few how to's with the stuff I've fitted. :)
Match
Bronze Member

Re: Long time lurker with a Polo TDI

Post by Match »

jammydodger wrote:Hi everyone I've always been a Polo fan as have my family and I've been lurking in over the past year or so and have finally got round to signing up. We've had our latest addition a Reflex Silver Polo SE 1.2 TDI since June last year where she was just under a year old. The plan was to slowly add options that it didn't have up to a spec that I was happy with, which seems never ending! I'll get some pics up ASAP and I'll be starting a few how to's with the stuff I've fitted. :)
Good choice :) I was lucky enough to get a high spec one but retrofitting is the way to go :D
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Welcome. Interested to see what you've been doing :) Where about in Lancs you from matey?
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

Match wrote:Good choice :) I was lucky enough to get a high spec one but retrofitting is the way to go :D
Where's the fun in buying one ready specced? ;) We got it at an amazing price so couldn't complain.
NMavs wrote:Welcome. Interested to see what you've been doing :) Where about in Lancs you from matey?
Based in Heywood/Rochdale :) I'll be getting a thread up soon with everything I've done, love the car btw and your cleaning obsession. Similar to me! Lol
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

Hi our just up the road from me, maybe I could come and have a look at yours, I really want to wire in the fog lights but don't have the confidence what so ever! I've got te 1.2 TDI too but might be selling up soon as I've been made redundant. :( economies sh*t as is Rochdale Council.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

jammydodger wrote:
Match wrote:Good choice :) I was lucky enough to get a high spec one but retrofitting is the way to go :D
Where's the fun in buying one ready specced? ;) We got it at an amazing price so couldn't complain.
I didn't mean I bought it spec'd but it came with the leather steering wheel + buttons and we added mudflaps, mats and parking sensors :) I would have just bought a bog standard one and spec'd it but it's a shared car so yeah
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

Match wrote:I didn't mean I bought it spec'd but it came with the leather steering wheel + buttons and we added mudflaps, mats and parking sensors :) I would have just bought a bog standard one and spec'd it but it's a shared car so yeah
Haha I was only messing, my mum was just about getting back on her feet before getting this after being jobless for 2 years, and with her doing 60 miles a day we needed something cheaper to run than the 1.2 we had which would do 30mpg on a good day, so we just bought the closest diesel 6R to us, which was this, we also liked it was privately owned. The last two cars we had were ex-demos and were duds. Probably because people would just rag them around when it was the run in period, I'll hopefully get a build thread gong soon but A levels are taking over my life! :(
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

jammydodger wrote:
Match wrote:I didn't mean I bought it spec'd but it came with the leather steering wheel + buttons and we added mudflaps, mats and parking sensors :) I would have just bought a bog standard one and spec'd it but it's a shared car so yeah
Haha I was only messing, my mum was just about getting back on her feet before getting this after being jobless for 2 years, and with her doing 60 miles a day we needed something cheaper to run than the 1.2 we had which would do 30mpg on a good day, so we just bought the closest diesel 6R to us, which was this, we also liked it was privately owned. The last two cars we had were ex-demos and were duds. Probably because people would just rag them around when it was the run in period, I'll hopefully get a build thread gong soon but A levels are taking over my life! :(
Mine's an ex demo and I can safely say I'll never buy one again. So many problems so far, I can't help but feel I could have bought a privately owned carefully driven one for cheaper and would have been happier! I did a year of A levels and then moved on to college for this year to prepare for my uni degree :p I was doing 5 A levels do I know what you're going through!
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

I know, but it's your first car and you thought that it'd have been treated better being owned by VW! The way I see it is basically anybody and everybody has had a chance to have a go on the town bike and no body cares if they knacker the chain or buckle a wheel because its not theirs, the last Polo we had was owned by Avis (they didn't tell us although we asked) and I found half a joint under the handbrake. I don't know how I'm going to do this year, I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Business and Psychology the last two/three are piece of pie.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

jammydodger wrote:I know, but it's your first car and you thought that it'd have been treated better being owned by VW! The way I see it is basically anybody and everybody has had a chance to have a go on the town bike and no body cares if they knacker the chain or buckle a wheel because its not theirs, the last Polo we had was owned by Avis (they didn't tell us although we asked) and I found half a joint under the handbrake. I don't know how I'm going to do this year, I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Business and Psychology the last two/three are piece of pie.
Hahaha half a joint?! But yeah it does feel kind of 'contaminated' like its got an unknown history. If you think biology and psychology are a piece of pie then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about haha you're obviously clever enough to be doing them
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

Match wrote:Hahaha half a joint?! But yeah it does feel kind of 'contaminated' like its got an unknown history. If you think biology and psychology are a piece of pie then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about haha you're obviously clever enough to be doing them
Yep! Half a j. It was a rental car and around here you get a certain type of people who drive around with their seat so low they can hardly see over the steering wheel etc etc ;) I really need to revise! Long term memory isn't my strong point lol :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

jammydodger wrote:
Match wrote:Hahaha half a joint?! But yeah it does feel kind of 'contaminated' like its got an unknown history. If you think biology and psychology are a piece of pie then I'm sure you have nothing to worry about haha you're obviously clever enough to be doing them
Yep! Half a j. It was a rental car and around here you get a certain type of people who drive around with their seat so low they can hardly see over the steering wheel etc etc ;) I really need to revise! Long term memory isn't my strong point lol :)
Hahaha and I failed 2/5 a levels because I couldn't revise. Go do it :wink: