Removing side skirts and rear valance on a GTI?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Removing side skirts and rear valance on a GTI?

Post by Yeahhluke »

Anyone done this?

I want to spray them black as they are grey at the moment. i had a look yesterday and the side skirts are held by torx sxrews and glue i think? is there a good way to go about getting them off? and what about the rear valance/diffuser thing too, hows this held on and whats the best way to remove?

and whats the best way to put them back on afterwards too?

thanks
Lucaio
Bronze Member

Re: Removing side skirts and rear valance on a GTI?

Post by Lucaio »

Not sure about the sideskrits, but I've changed the rear valance before.

The valance is held on by clips and 2 screws (one in each wheel arch), undo the screws then use something flat and thin (I used a flat-head screwdriver with cloth around it to avoid scratches) and put it in between the valance and bumper, wiggle it about and pull on the valance and the clips should come undone.

Putting it back on is easy, just line it up and push it into place making sure all the clips click into place correctly and then just screw it back on.
Yeahhluke
Silver Member

Post by Yeahhluke »

Thanks Bud,

i thought the rear would be similar to the sides, just forgot to look over the weekend, might have a look and see if i can get it off over next weekend then :)
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

Hi The side skirts you will need to get double side tape for them you will be able to get that from any good auto / body shop supplier about 4 quid a roll last time I bought it prob need two rolls just make sure the surfaces are clean.