Standard bluetooth kit audio. Shocking!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Right so as you may or may not be aware, all polos above S specification come with the Bluetooth hands free kit as standard. I had mine fitted at the dealers after a month because they were updating it at time of build. Straight away I noticed that the music playback was pretty dire. So I took it back so they can have a look and to my surprise, they just said that's the way it is!

Has anyone else noticed this that use it. And I want to know how you can activate the bt-audio on the radio itself because I'm presuming that it would be of a much higher quality sound.

Throught the Bluetooth kit at the moment it sounds like my music is being played down the phone to me.

Please share your experiences if you have any because when it comes to music sound quality, I'm the kind of person who wants it to be right.

Ps I have turned the bt audio on my radio 'on' but I still have no option on the media button. (RCD 310)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Standard bluetooth kit audio. Shocking!

Post by alexperkins »

If its the 'touch kit music', there is a seperate interface lead which redirects the MDI via the phone kit, and then you get full stereo bluetooth sound when you stream. The dealers never install this, so its something that can be added retrospectively apparently.

What does it show as on your phone bluetooth list - TPK Music?
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

I found it so much easier to get a 32Mb memory stick to put in the usb interface. For under a tenner it holds more music that I'll realistically need.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Yeah it's the touch kit. And yeah it says TPK music
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

The trouble with the memory stick I would still have to scroll through every single song to get to the one I want which is really annoying me. (Hence I'm fitting an rcd 510)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Ipod and playlists, or Memory stick and folders is the easiest route
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Me and the local dealers parts desk think we have managed to find the right cable. We will see on monday
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Post by calvinw1 »

Interestingly both our polos do this, as Alex says its due to a missing wire. A2DP isn't supported as standard. Memory card/USB is the best option I'd say, or iPod. But I spoke to someone I know in my local parts and he said vw didn't do a cable to support this and to look at a 3rd party supplier. Really isn't worth changing the bluetooth module IMO, which is the alternative to the cable, each to their own though.

I'd be interested to know if you manage to sort this through your dealer though! Keep us updated :D
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the cable in question:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Volkswagen-Blue ... B008N8O1DI
broelling
New

Post by broelling »

My BlueGT came without any bluetooth, so I bought the Jabra Freeway, which can send your music from phone to radio (RCD 310) via FM. It sounds really great, and you can use all the features of the playerapplication on your phone...
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

And so the plot thickens:

I got a call from vw this morning to tell me my part had come in. This being part number ZGB 000 035 500, NOT the part I previously posted ZGB 000 035 200.

This is the part : Image

£33 for that so I went to the service desk to get it booked in to have it fitted and get my money back. (Under warranty)

Whilst there, the technician was looking at parts already fitted to the car and said the small lead (that I posted previously) was already fitted to my car. So obviously it's not that part that I need. And the part I have now got, has two auxiliary connectors. Which is hopeful.

Going in on Tuesday to have it looked at and hopefully fitted, with my money refunded for the part. :)
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

So I went in today. They said it was all up and running. Didnt want to give me a refund for the cable. When I got to the car I thought I would check it was working. The music played through Bluetooth as expected but on my radio it said AUX instead of BT-AUDIO which I wasn't expecting. So I checked to make sure the aux input and MDI worked. No sound. It's still displayed song title on MDI but no sound. So I'm having the old wire loom put back in on Thursday. I don't think there is a way to make the Bluetooth audio work on stereo :(
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

ZGB 000 035 500 isn't MDI compatible it uses the MDI audio pins to transmit sound from the bury kit. To make a2dp work you need a quadlock lead with the block 3 pins below wired
5 – Telephone audio input signal left, negative
6 – Telephone audio input signal right, negative
10 – Telephone mute (mute switch for radio)
11 – Telephone audio input signal left, positive
12 – Telephone audio input signal right, positive

*hint* the VW lead doesn't do this.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Does such a cable exist? I presume it would plug into the stereo output of the bury kit?
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I had a brainwave and wondered why it had taken me so long to realise the obvious.
Some people might be bothered about a cable sticking down, and when I want to actually plug something in it will just hang there. But I'm really not bothered :)