Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
cxn
New

polo given up

Post by cxn »

hi all
wondering if anyone can help
i have a 1.9d on an r reg

had a couple of starting problems where it took a while to start then when it did it banged/knocked for a few seconds then was fine i thought it was bad fuel, as it went away.

anyway i drve about half a mile the other night and the traffic was bad so i pulled into a car park to spin the car around it stalled.
i tried to restart but it wouldnt, i waited a while tried again and it stater but cut out again, i jept trying and eventually got it going a bit but it seem like it was running on 3 pots or something and blowing loads of smoke out.
i managed to get it back the half mile to work but wouldnt go over 10 mph and was blowing loads of smoke out, i have since n=been trying to work out whats happened im getting fuel to the injectors and the glow plugs are working.
am wonderin if anyone else could shed some light on it or have any advice.

also while i was looking under the bonnet i noticed that there seemed to be a few air bubble in the clear fuel line, could this be the prob or could it be the injectors or fuel pump or something else
any advce would be greatly appreciated
thanks
cxn
New

Re: polo given up

Post by cxn »

update

i emptied the fuel filter to see if there was any water in it, put it back on fill it with diesel then tried to start the car again now the fuel isnt going through.

is there a way to clear the line of air ?
am thinking a have a air leak in fuel lines or my pump my be knackerd