VW POLO 1000CC T reg

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
cnelsonplumber
New

VW POLO 1000CC T reg

Post by cnelsonplumber »

Hi Just wanted to say hello.

My daughter has a pestachio green 1999 VW Polo which my ex wife bought before she passed away recently and it is very special for this reason. I am helping my daughter learn to drive in the car and it has a few miles on the clock but is is reasonable nick.

I recently changed the front discs and pads as the old ones had seen better days although one of the disc retaining srews had sheared. This doesn't seem to be a big issue as the wheel bolts retain the disc securely in place. Interesting to note that the pads are different sizes also the allen screws which hold the caliper on are different lengths, this becomes obvious when you spend 15mins trying to get the bottom one (shorter) in the top hole. :roll: and it isn't long enough.

There are a few projects I will no doubt get involved with and it has been a few years since my rallying and tinkering with cars days, so thought I would say hi as I will no doubt need a litle help along the way. :?

I have got a transmission type knock under the bonnet at the moment and havn't found any obvious cause, so, may be in touch for suggestions once I have narrowed it down a bit.

If any one can help me identify which variant it is that would be great as the discs are vented which suggests (series 2)? although it was registered in July 1999.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: VW POLO 1000CC T reg

Post by alexperkins »

You polo is a 6n or Mk4 polo (VW designation Mk3 but we dont use that here)
cnelsonplumber
New

Re: VW POLO 1000CC T reg

Post by cnelsonplumber »

Thanks Alex.