2001 Polo Gti 6n2 Central Locking Problem

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
BullitPH31
New

2001 Polo Gti 6n2 Central Locking Problem

Post by BullitPH31 »

Got a problem with my central locking,

When i press the keyfob the alarm ( indicator ) lights come on, noise from alarm as it activates but no locking or unlocking & inside buttons on the doorcard doesnt lock door either, When i lock one of the doors the other door doesnt lock so i have to lock each door individually
Also buttons on doorcard for locks dont work & horn doenst work

Iv checked all fuses, checked the vac pipes for leaks ( Sucking/Blowing down the pipe something i saw on google, disconnected the battery for over an hour,
think maybe water is getting in through the rear light & leaking into the C/L Pump So got a airline & blew out the water so its now dry,
All im getting from the pump is everytime i press the keyfob is the sound when you first start up an air compressor, but you can still hear the pump working both ways when pressing the keyfob from locking to unlocking,

Any ideas what this could be?

would this be the case that a new C/L Pump is needed??????
BullitPH31
New

Re: 2001 Polo Gti 6n2 Central Locking Problem

Post by BullitPH31 »

Can Anyone Help On This issue Im Having????
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Sounds like the pump has had it

It controls all actions of the central locking so if water gets it it's pretty much dead for good.

The horn not working is normally a fuse but if not that, the horns are prone to failure so have probably failed (there are two as it's a twin fanfare setup)
BullitPH31
New

Post by BullitPH31 »

Thanks for that,

Iv just purchased a new pump & doing the same, :(
I first plugged it in & pressed the keyfob & it start up as if the pump was generating air through the system, it stopped this then i pressed the button again & started doing the same noise as at first plugged in, the pump changes note when you press the lock & unlock button as if its blowing air through the system & sucking air in,

How long does it normally take for the air to refill the system after unplugging the air pipe,

as for the horn il just purchase a new one :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Check for leaks near the fuel filler cap

Also check the wiring between the door and the car on the drivers side - you may have some split wires
BullitPH31
New

Post by BullitPH31 »

Just checked all the vac pipes leading to the pump that i can get too,
Took the boot card off & the clear seal on the boot lock had popped off, so put it back on with a cable-tie also think there maybe a leak on the vac pipe leading to the filler tank so took that off & bunged it up for now,

But main thing is that the central locking now works fine & very happy,

Cheers for the help on this matter