Reflex Silver 1.2 TDi (XXR 527s)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Decided to start a new topic for my car as the old one was very messy and a lot has changed, so here goes;

My Polo's a 2012 1.2 TDi Match 5dr in Reflex Silver. Bought it as an ex-demo which came with the leather multifunction steering wheel and had rear sensors fitted along with mud flaps all round plus VW rubber mats inside. The only personal touch so far is HEKO wind deflectors all round and I'll be debadging as soon as it's possible. Also bought some old-style (not really legal) number plates which I'll be fitting soon.

It's been nearly 2 years now and as I'm only 18 and at uni, I've just been building some no-claims and enjoying the thrilling 1.2 diesel engine as much as possible :wink: but now I've finally been able to get wheels and lows on my insurance policy so I've taken the plunge and bought a set of XXR 527s in flat silver - 17x8.25j et25 (had to buy spigot rings to change them from 73.1 to 57.1). Loved the look of these wheels for a while, a nice amount of concave even if they aren't that wide and I've seen a couple of 6Rs running them with some poke and it looks sick in my opinion. I originally wanted Bronze but I think I may as well stick to the Silver colour scheme to be somewhat original. 8) Went for Nankang NS-2 205/40/17 simply because I found a cheap deal on a set and they're better than budgets.

Better pictures to come but I got them fitted, very happy with the look!

More to come soon, I'll be arranging all the pictures and take some proper ones sometime this week or next. Next plans are either 50mm lowering springs or cheap coilies :)
Last edited by Match on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Bump - wheels fitted
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Re: Reflex Silver 1.2 TDi (XXR 527s)

Post by greypolo9n3 »

50mm is silly for a 6R on the front....

i have 17's and i lowered only 25 and it catches. just a heads up
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

greypolo9n3 wrote:50mm is silly for a 6R on the front....

Really? How are people running coils with 17s then? Cheers for the heads up, I will have a measure and see what would be best
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Match wrote:

Really? How are people running coils with 17s then? Cheers for the heads up, I will have a measure and see what would be best
i dont really know thats what confuses me lol...i think its the stretch tyres which allow them to go lower...i can send you a pic of how mine is if u like if you whatsapp me your number.....+ lowering 50mm will make ur ride f*cking ridiculously back breakinkgly annoyingly hard as foook!!...i had 50mm on my 9n3...omg :shock:
C17LJR
Bronze Member

Post by C17LJR »

My wife is is on 17s with a slight stretch and 35/55mm drop and it's a little harsh on speed bumps but otherwise drives great and doesn't catch at all.

Seems you've either got the wrong et or tyre size if you're having bother at -25mm
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

C17LJR wrote:My wife is is on 17s with a slight stretch and 35/55mm drop and it's a little harsh on speed bumps but otherwise drives great and doesn't catch at all.

Seems you've either got the wrong et or tyre size if you're having bother at -25mm
ive got more meat on my tyres than most...
C17LJR
Bronze Member

Post by C17LJR »

So ill fitting tyres, is, too big, or the wrong et as I say
greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

C17LJR wrote:So ill fitting tyres, is, too big, or the wrong et as I say
looking at your wheels...the et seems between 30-35 youll need stretch on your tyres to stop them touching once lowered
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

greypolo9n3 wrote:
Match wrote:

i dont really know thats what confuses me lol...i think its the stretch tyres which allow them to go lower...i can send you a pic of how mine is if u like if you whatsapp me your number.....+ lowering 50mm will make ur ride f*cking ridiculously back breakinkgly annoyingly hard as foook!!...i had 50mm on my 9n3...omg :shock:
after fitting the wheels alone, the ride quality isn't great but it's alright haha. don't have whatsapp unfortunately but i'll take your word!
Last edited by Match on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

C17LJR wrote:My wife is is on 17s with a slight stretch and 35/55mm drop and it's a little harsh on speed bumps but otherwise drives great and doesn't catch at all.

does sound promising, love the look of your polo too so it would be good if i didn't have to go for something higher.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

New plates are on, tidies up the front end a bit. Been trying to find time to get decent pictures but I have the busy life of a university student :roll: Still got no way to debadge as I can't get near a hair dryer which is annoying, would look a lot cleaner.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Finally got round to getting some photos taken.

Desperately needs a clean first of all but also debadging and lowering, I'm happy with it for now though
aaronon
Gold Member

Post by aaronon »

Hey. I've lowered mine 30mm at the front and am running 17's with 215/40/17's and it seems like I could go lower if you wanted (I couldn't because my back and front flaps already scrape the speed bumps here in NI :)

greypolo9n3
Gold Member

Post by greypolo9n3 »

looks good with the xxr's..

but im going to call the arch gap police on you :shock: