Very cheap Mk7 Golf/ facelift Polo style radio on eBay

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ubiquitous-j
Bronze Member

Very cheap Mk7 Golf/ facelift Polo style radio on eBay

Post by ubiquitous-j »

Spotted this on eBay earlier, looks like VW has released the new generation MK7 Golf style head units to the Chinese market. Seems to pack quite a few features in with front mounted AUX, USB and SD card reader:

A nice upgrade for under £40 potentially? Part number listed as 3AD 035 185 so definitely OEM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unused-New-Ca ... 1155005799
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Very cheap Mk7 Golf/ facelift Polo style radio on eBay

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

No. that is not from the faceliftet Polo. That one fits in the current pre faceliftet Polo.

It is the radio fitted in the current chinese version of the Polo. And probably other VW's aswell.

I took this from the chinese VW site:
http://www.vw.com.cn/zh/models/new_polo ... ediaitem_3

The display looks similar to the one from a VW up!.
As you can see the MFA is also the "cheaper"/older version from the Mk6 Golf.
The VW's is China or the rest of asia for that matter is not build to the same high standards as we see here in Europe.

Here is the new interior in the european Polo.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Re: Very cheap Mk7 Golf/ facelift Polo style radio on eBay

Post by vc-10 »

I'm also not 100% sure about the radio frequencies the Chinese use. I know that in the USA they don't use the same ones we do (only the negative point numbers, eg 107.7 not 107.6), and also whether RDS is available. And whether or not the radio's menus are in English!

I wouldn't be surprised if they released a new headunit range in the standard shape sometime soon, for things that have the older shape cutouts in the dash like the Jetta, Passat, Beetle etc. But if you've got a Polo, the centre console area all looks the same as before but with a different faceplate, so I wonder if you could put in a new trim piece and radio together?