New used polo 9n3 help

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
reeves1985
New

New used polo 9n3 help

Post by reeves1985 »

Right I'm in major need of desperate help
I purchased the polo in the tittle above and picked it up last night.

2005 1.2 41,000 miles decent nick drove lovely full history with all printouts
Purchased from an independent local garage (trader)
Took her to the shop tonight and BANG! Flashing CEL juddering at idle feeling like it's going to stall shaking and everything.
Now I'm not a happy bunny
Iv had a look through its history and see it had coils done int November and cam sensor in December which from reading on the net can be common to this issue ( and more often than not don't solve the issue)
Now I have a gut feeling this might be a bigger problem that just swap coils and away you go!

Bearing in mind I have only had this car in my possession 24 hours

What should I do
Am I entitled to my money back?
As what I don't want to happen is like other people have had the coils done and then been ok for a month or so before returning
As is the car has a 28 day warranty up to £2999

Somebody help me please

Update

Had car back to garage reported miss on cylinder 3
They then confirmed that the cool is ok by swapping it over to 1 and clearing code which came back on and again reported cylinder 3

Just needs a compression test to 100% confirm it's the head off job valves etc

Iv been told in no uncertain terms that money back isn't an option so I don't know where I stand

Update 2: compression test confirms cylinder 3 is down on compression
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: New used polo 9n3 help

Post by alexperkins »

I would say you are entitled to a refund

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/c ... o_know.htm

This link is more specific on getting a refund if you have a faulty car from a dealer

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/c ... faulty.htm

Have a read of that - I would also contact citizens advice for a bit more info if this is the route you want to go down

This certainly shouldntve happened so quickly. Low mileage too which is odd for a head/compression problem
reeves1985
New

Post by reeves1985 »

I have spoken to CAB and basically I have rights for a refund etc but the garage have taken the car and started stripping the head already to fix the issue

If the car is repaired and returned to me what's the likely good of it happening again?
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

Definately go down the Citizens Advice route and involve Trading Standards, buying from a trader definately gives you rights to protection.
reeves1985
New

Post by reeves1985 »

Apparantly from the advice from citizens advice is basically because they have started trying to repair the car I have effectively agreed to it and so basically I can't demand a refund

If I know the car will be fixed and problem sorted I have no problem taking the car as it was a good deal on face value

But how likely are these things to re occur after being fixed?