Life signed away this afternoon :)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

No idea on delivery times yet, but should hopefully find out tomorrow :)

Deposit placed on:

Polo BlueGT 3dr in Silk Blue metallic
Anthracite wheels
Standard Blue Speed seats
Light & Sight pack
Carpet mats
Ensurance
Service Plan
Parking sensors, front and rear
Front Mudflaps
Rear Mudflaps
Door Sill Trim - Steel (3 Door)

My local dealer matched the best offer from CarWow, so no worrying about having to collect etc.

Needless to say, I did not go for the LifeShine thingy, nor the GAP from VW. The car will be looked after well, I'm inclined to treat it to some GTechniq products and the GAP I'll arrange online.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Life signed away this afternoon :)

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Congrats. :)

Your gonna love it... I have a BlueGT myself and it's simply briliant. :P
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I hope so :) I've only driven a base 1.2 Polo, the BlueGT will be the fastest car I've ever owned, but I should see a good MPG given my driving is 99% A-road sitting between 50 and 60mph, the foot will only be down for the occasional overtake...and the odd back road pleasure drive :)
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

nice spec mate
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

nry wrote:I hope so :) I've only driven a base 1.2 Polo, the BlueGT will be the fastest car I've ever owned, but I should see a good MPG given my driving is 99% A-road sitting between 50 and 60mph, the foot will only be down for the occasional overtake...and the odd back road pleasure drive :)
I have done 23,6 km/l (or 66,6 mpg as calculate it to in the UK.) with som really carefull driving. :)
zebraman
Getting There!

Post by zebraman »

Sounds good.

If 99% of your driving is "sat on A roads at 50-60mph" though, you might have saved a fair wedge of money by going for the standard 1.2 as it absolutely excels at this task.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Where's the fun in the 1.2? :) I wanted something faster than my current car but pretty much on par MPG wise...which the BlueGT should meet pretty much perfectly :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

nry wrote:Where's the fun in the 1.2? :) I wanted something faster than my current car but pretty much on par MPG wise...which the BlueGT should meet pretty much perfectly :)
Agreed :D
zebraman
Getting There!

Post by zebraman »

Well.....you said 99% of your driving was "at 50-60 mph on A roads" so l based my suggestion on that.

My Lotus Elise was no more fun in that kind of driving than our Polo 1.2
But the GT does look nice. I looked at the 1.2 tsi but round town the ordinary 1.2 is fine. My wife complains if l drive fast or go round corners quickly anyway.....
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

My wife has her own car, we rarely swap :) I like overtaking, though obviously safely within the teachings of my advanced driving course from many years ago of course ;)

The BlueGT is a generally better spec'd car on most fronts too, I like the improved seats, audio etc. too.
zebraman
Getting There!

Post by zebraman »

So does mine! She has a Land Rover Defender

I have to say, the suspension in the 1.2 60hp is a bit soft, it tends to wallow a bit on bad roads.
I imagine the GT is better in this respect. Although l realise the basic 1.2 is set up for comfort, and not designed to be sporty. Although the actual handling is pretty good.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I have a rather expensive suspension setup on my Astra - it handles really well but I'm getting a bit old for the firmness of the ride, so the BlueGT should offer a good compromise :)

The only thing I wish VW had made available were some audio upgrade packages, akin to the Golf or Audi A1.
zebraman
Getting There!

Post by zebraman »

The sound system should be pretty good in a brand new Polo GT, as the one in our 2012 Match is not bad at all.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Most likely, but I'll be moving from probably £600+ of audio upgrades so time will tell :)
aniseedvan
Getting There!

Post by aniseedvan »

And so the wait begins! 'Grats on your purchase. I went to this from a 207gti, the engine is completely different to drive but it's a good compromise for me especially as my job has changed and I'm on the motorway more. My biggest gripe is I'd wish the seat went lower - and I'm a 5'2" woman lol - cornering doesn't feel quite as planted as the pug did, but the ride was proper rotten on potholes back roads...