Letter from VW

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Prash
Silver Member

Letter from VW

Post by Prash »

i've just recieved a letter this morning from vw concerning the 'foot support' of the clutch pedal attachment and how it can 'fracture' and effect clutch operation and changing gears etc. For safety reasons they're being recalled and replaced free, I was just wondering if this will actually solve a any significant part of the pedal box/clutch problem and if anyone else has had the letter yet. I'm suprised to see VW are actually doing something, maybe we can get rid of this problem once and for all
DMWRIGHT
Bronze Member

Post by DMWRIGHT »

I got it too, well impressed that they have finally realised the fault, guess who I'll be calling after work, my local dealer who said there never was a fault and none have been replaced, the car is fine, well I got a letter know to prove it :)

Oh what joy !!!

Dave
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

hehe, I just been up to my local dealers as my clutch cable is making strange noises after just being replaced again, and booked it in for the safety recall. The member of staff who test drove my car is new and seems really eager to get all the problems sorted out, lets hope all this actually makes a difference :)
Muz
New

Post by Muz »

I got the letter today too, i'll be booking it in soon. i'll see if it makes a noticable diff!
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Not received anything here.......Wonder if it's only certain batches of GTi's??

Cheers

Dave.
4paws
Bronze Member

Post by 4paws »

its about time too :D
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

think its all polo GTi's
4paws
Bronze Member

Post by 4paws »

what about the people who have already had to pay for this repair :? ?
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

what if your the second owner of the car, and you didn't buy it from the dealer
4paws
Bronze Member

Post by 4paws »

even if you r a different owner it will still show up on vws dialog system wether the CAR is required a recall so it shouldnt matter :D
moynas
Silver Member

Post by moynas »

Had my 20000ml service done and they told me that they looked at the pedal but it was ok and didnt need changing so mines been done already! got a sticker to say in my engine bay!
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

yep, all polo gti owners should get a letter, and every 1s will be replaced. I don't think the part they're replacing is the 1 most ppl have already have replaced, as i've had my clutch replaced twice and pedal box once and don't think this part has been replaced yet so...(hope that all made sense :? )
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I called my dealers today and spoke to the warranty guy who explained that he was getting a load of pedal boxes in on Friday and that I need to call him then to get mine booked in.

He said that there are 3500 UK Polo GTi's in the UK (sorry you lot with imports, I think you're on your own :( ) and they're all getting the recall.
Last edited by Josh_PoloGTi on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Oh, I forgot to say...

When I read this at work, it proper made my day!

It's about bleeding time VW did something about this problem...

Maybe it'll help residual values? (as people won't be paranoid about the pedal box breaking).

8)
kenny15
Bronze Member

Post by kenny15 »

Is it possible that somebody can post a copy of the letter or link about the polo gti pedal box from vw ,so i can check where i stand on this as i only had the car for a few month and don`t think they will have me on their records