FOR SALE: VW Polo 1.0L 'Match' 1994 M (86F)

Sell your Polo! - Threads Automatically Deleted if no reply within 28 days. BUMP once every 14 days if necessary.
3MM
New
Drives: Polo

FOR SALE: VW Polo 1.0L 'Match' 1994 M (86F)

Post by 3MM »

Look no further for an affordable and reliable car that is low on insurance and great on fuel economy.

This Polo has been in the family for over 10 years, It's just returned from a 1000+ mile roadtrip to Scotland tackling blizzards, icy roads and gale force winds, not to mention the 1:3 hairpins of the the Hardknott Pass in Cumbria and Porlock Hill in Devon - and for each and every mile, it ran flawlessly all the way.

It has a month old MOT, and is in very clean condition with just a few spots of rust starting to show on the body. The timing belt was changed 8000 miles ago along with a major service (prior to a roadtrip to Europe) plus it has just had a fresh oil change.

Running costs for cars these days are high because they are expensive to insure, costly to repair and thirsty to run.

Not this car.

Simply put, this car has less to go wrong, no electric windows, no central locking, and virtually no sensors, so no Mass air Flow sensor or any of the other modern gizmos that so often go wrong and cost a fortune to replace.

Parts when required are cheap and readily available.

Even with just a 1.0L engine, the car is still nippy but is well-placed in one of the lowest insurance categories available. Fuel economy wise, on its recent trip to Scotland, it did the the nearly 500 miles from Barnstaple to Edinburgh on one tank of fuel, which is approx. 10 Gallons. Admittedly, I'm a very careful & consistent driver but the savings are there if you want them.

The car has good tyres, alloy wheels and locking wheel nuts, along with some servicing extras which I'll include.

For anyone that may be be DIY inclined, I also have everything you'll need to service the Polo (or any other car) yourself from tools to ramps, all available separately.

I've personally owned this car since 2008 and would keep it if it wasn't for the fact that I spend a lot of time out of the UK and the property and garage in which it has been kept for extended periods has been sold. Prior to my recent Scottish roadtrip ~1400miles it was sorned and stored in a garage for the last 2 years. During that time, the tyres didn't go flat, the battery (unipart) stayed charged, and it started on the second go!

Took it to the nearest garage for it's MOT (Kwik Fit - and you know they're keen about looking for things to fix!) and it passed with just an advisory on a spot of rust on the offside rear wheel arch.

Except when stored for extended periods, the car always starts first time - hot or cold - and it has never let me down (or my father who owned it for several years before me)

Since I'm doing a house clearance I also have lots of tools for sale. Check out the following website for details if you are interested in filling up the Polo -in its ample seats-down storage capacity - with items for your workshop when you come to buy it!!!

http://bit.do/sticklepath