Parking pack
Winter pack
Convience pack
Sports pack
Climatronic
Sat nav
Passenger airbag deactivation
Front armrest

I've managed to negotiate a price of £18750.
The questions I want to ask are....
1. Is that a good price or could I get cheaper?
2. Looking to purchase through pcp to get the £1000 deposit and free insurance but will look to take a loan out an pay of straight away as the interest is a lot cheaper then volkswagen. Is that possible? Will volkswagen void my insurance or ask for an extra £1000 if I pay it off?
3. I've been quoted a 6 month wait for the car. Is that really true!?
4. Has anyone got the voice control as an option on there car and if so, is it worth it?

If anyone could help with my questions that would be great!
mogwai
New
Drives: 2015 Polo Blue Gt

Re: Ordering a new Polo GTi

Post by mogwai »

As far as question 1 goes, what I did was to use carwow spec the car up and print off the cheapest quote and took it with me when I went to order my Blue GT in march. This netted me £3k off list (inc. the £1000 VW offered as part of the finance). As far as it taking 6 months that is possible as I orderd my Blue GT on the 8th March and it is currently scheduled to be built the week starting 8th June.
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

Trying specing it up on Drive the Deal, they are usually there or therabouts for being the cheapest and you can take the print out to your dealer and see if they'll match it.
sudsonsundaze
New
Drives: GTI

Post by sudsonsundaze »

wow, you are speccing your car at £21850 approx and getting 3k off already! with a dealer? how did you manage that? is that including the £1000 deposit....
Franklinavfc888
New
Drives: Skoda citigo sport

Post by Franklinavfc888 »

The offer is through drive the deal but I also went on car wow and the lowest offer on there was about £150 more. Just wandered if anybody had found somewhere cheaper then drive the deal. I still think it's a really good deal. Just don't want to be waiting until October for it :(
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

Drivethedeal appear to currently be the cheapest advertised price.

As far as I know if you pay off the PCP early you still keep any sweeteners e.g. the £1000 deposit contribution, insurance and servicing plan.
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

Can confirm that you keep all the incentives that VW offer if you buy the car through VW Finance.

The day after I got the car home I phoned VW Finance and just said I would like to withdraw from the finance agreement and the lady on the phone gave me a settlement figure which included a days interest which was minimal and all the bank details I needed to make a bank transfer.

Around 10 days later I received a letter from them saying they no longer had an interest in the car and it was all mine.
Franklinavfc888
New
Drives: Skoda citigo sport

Post by Franklinavfc888 »

gti-joe wrote:Can confirm that you keep all the incentives that VW offer if you buy the car through VW Finance.

The day after I got the car home I phoned VW Finance and just said I would like to withdraw from the finance agreement and the lady on the phone gave me a settlement figure which included a days interest which was minimal and all the bank details I needed to make a bank transfer.

Around 10 days later I received a letter from them saying they no longer had an interest in the car and it was all mine.

That is brilliant news, just spoke to the dealer and he's sending me the relevant forms to fill in an sign. Can't wait!
NatMoore
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 Match Edition 3-Dr

Post by NatMoore »

I went into Inchcape Telford today with my other halfs brother to go look at a GTI they have there and we were told there was a 2-3 month wait... Maybe check with a dealer?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, but you might be talking about a 3 door car, in the main, 5 door cars come from ZA and that adds a month or 6 weeks transport times.

Edit:- or they are willing to accept a car close to their desired spec, ie one that is in the build stages already and not a their factory special order.