To all Blue GT owners

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
chrisshorter
New
Drives: 2015 BLUE GT

To all Blue GT owners

Post by chrisshorter »

Hi all

I have been into my local vw dealer today to talk about changing my current polo 1.2 tsi 90 to a Blue GT due to problems with my car that they are unable to solve. they are coming back to me tomorrow with figures and availability etc. Only they haven't got any to test drive and what i would like is someone who drives one on a daily basis to tell me have you had any problems with it a all? any lack of power temporarily? bad turbo lag etc. and how smooth do you find it switches between 2cyl mode and 4cyl? are they a nice drive and would you recommend one?

Sorry for all the questions just don't want to go through the process of the ordering and the 10 week wait to be disappointed

Thanks in advance
dillo161
New
Drives: 6C Blue GT

Re: To all Blue GT owners

Post by dillo161 »

Hello mate,

I took delivery of my BlueGT in January this year and have nothing but great words to say about it!

Firstly, the car is very quick for a 1.4. You can feel slight turbo lag, however I do not see this as a problem because it is rather minimal. I use the car alot daily, both short and long distance. Firstly, long distance driving is great! I drove from here in south east London, down to Southampton and averaged 55mpg and used less than eighth of a tank! Short distances, the mpg can drop but then again it all depends on how you drive.

The switch between 4 and 2 cylinders is seamless and I can never notices unless I see the little icon pop up! It's pretty easy to get to 2 cylinder mode and you pick it up the longer you drive.

The car has given me zero problems so far and I cannot recommend it enough!

Feel free to ask more questions!
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

I have owned more than 30 cars in my lifetime, ranging from a Daewoo Matiz to a Jaguar XKR. I can honestly say the BGT is in my top 3 favourites, and certainly nicer to own and drive than the Mk6 Golf GTI I had a few years ago. It's comfortable, powerful (enough), well built, good looking, compact, discreet and cheap to run. I get 50mpg easily, despite occasionally 'enjoying myself'. The cylinder switch-over is noticeable, but only just. I am very sensitive to any sort of drivetrain shunt in cars (that's why I don't like the DSG gearboxes), so I can feel it, but certainly wouldn't call it jerky.

Overall, an excellent little car.
chrisshorter
New

Post by chrisshorter »

Cheers guys appreciate your replies. Looks like I will be ordering one then as long as the deal they offer me is right. Will keep you posted
chrisshorter
New

Post by chrisshorter »

All ordered standard blue gt in White, dealer reckons that he should be able to get me one within a month says he has found 2 that have just been built so hoping to grab one of those :)
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

chrisshorter wrote:All ordered standard blue gt in White, dealer reckons that he should be able to get me one within a month says he has found 2 that have just been built so hoping to grab one of those :)
Congrats and good call on the white. It's the best colour, IMHO - discreet, but those in the know will be able to see all the BGT bits, as they stand out better.
DKPOLOGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by DKPOLOGT »

Mine landed at the dealer today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445960278.322534.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445960278.322534.jpg (238.66 KiB) Viewed 12027 times
Pickup on monday.

/ *L*
chrisshorter
New

Post by chrisshorter »

Bit of an update: dealer rang me today and said my car is now in the uk in Grimsby port he said should be at dealers within the next 3 weeks but could be sooner.

How long did everybody else's car take to get from port to dealer?
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

I think mine took around a week or two. You'll love the car, it's such a smooth transmission, and quick acceleration. Sometimes the car can be noisy in two cylinder mode I've noticed however, not really an annoyance given how good it is on fuel for a 1.4 Turbo!
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

I find the observation that the BGT can be noisy in two cylinder mode odd and contrary to my own experience. I tried a six speed before settling for DSG, I found the twin clutch to be smoother and devoid of shunt. I'm not saying that any of the observations are wrong just different, they highlight how we all use different experiences to make our judgements and perhaps explain why the cars that Autocar and such rave about can be such a let down in normal use. I've had quite a few turbocharged cars, the BGT is my my opinion equal first in the combating of lag but some of my comparators had lag that could be measured with an egg timer.

What I'm really saying is listen to the opinion of others but only believe your own experience.

Enjoy your BGT it is an excellent compromise and can be a lot of fun when you are pushing on and very restful when you are not in the mood and wading through an endless sea of numpties.
chrisshorter
New

Post by chrisshorter »

My car arrived at dealers today :D They hoping to get it through the workshop either tomorrow or Saturday then registered with dvla early next week for me to pick up on Saturday 14th.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

The car is a great car Chris, I was just unlucky in that mine seemed to be a Friday afternoon job. Since they swapped the ECU on it it's been fantastic and I've done circa 3000 miles with not a problem.

Unfortunately I'm looking to trade mine in and go back to a Golf or a Leon - having driven a bigger car previously I miss the large boot more than I thought I would. Plus, although I love my Blue GT at the weekends round the backroads and going out with the missus, it's not as comfy when I'm sat in the now nightly traffic jam of the M60 and M61 for over an hour. Just got to find a way to convince my wife to keep my car and trade hers in instead :twisted: :D
chrisshorter
New

Post by chrisshorter »

Picked my car up last night was meant to be Saturday but they got it ready a few days early so went round after work. Loving it so far much more power than my previous 1.2 tsi, feels really different to drive even though it's basically the same car need to get used to having a extra gear aswell forgot about 6th a couple of times last night until I looked down at the dash and it was telling me to change up lol

Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Enjoy it, I think you've made a good choice.

I opted for DSG so my aging brain doesn't have to worry about 6th and 7th. Your post reminded me of an incident back in the 1960s. A relative owned a Fiat dealership. After a year a customer returned his 124 Coupe for a first service complaining that it was thirsty and noisy when cruising, the mechanic took it on a test drive but could find nothing wrong other than the change to 5th being a bit stiff. When the customer was told he though it was a joke, it transpired that he didn't know it was a five speed box, a bit unusual in those days. He had never been above 4th or top as he called it.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Initially I used to get annoyed by the helpful "change up" suggestions that my Audi S4 gave me, so after I managed to remember it had 6 speeds, I switched off that "ECO" function, now that wife has a 1.2TSI 110PS with a 6 speed box, I've switched the "change up" suggestion back on on the S4 as it seems to keep me on my toes!

My old V6 engine Passat did tend to get left in 4th gear a lot simply due to the engine being so quiet!