1.2 Polo S?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Kaza66
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 S

1.2 Polo S?

Post by Kaza66 »

Hi,

I have a 1.2 Polo 60 S. Planning to do some work on it to give it a better look. Struggling for ideas other than tinting windows, and potentially xenon lights (If i can find any to fit?). I want to lower it slightly and maybe swap out the rear bumper? But I am currently unsure how or where to begin going about this.

EDIT: Could I find body coloured door handles and wing mirror caps?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
slr9000
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 match

Re: 1.2 Polo S?

Post by slr9000 »

Hey man, i have a 1.2 as well and ive done a few little bits that hasnt messed with the insurance but made it look alot more up to date. So first you could get yourself some windeflectors, which lowers the profile of the side of the car, and plus they are actually mint in the summer haha. then get yourself some chrome strips i have it round the edge of my bottom grill, to add just abit of bling to the front. Also i havent got leds in the lights as i would like, but if you upgrade all the bulbs in your lights to exta bright white halogen ones it does look alot better and cheap!! Also round the back ive got the boot crome strip just to add to the lines of the car cause its got quite a boring back end. would like a new back bumpber but then would have to declare it to insurance then can become pricy... with the s are the back windows and rear tinted? if not i would defo recomend doing this as on the match its standard and it looks ALOT better!! I also blacked out my rear lights but it was very very veryy blacked out so decided to take them back but a light tint to the rear lights does look quite good aswel!!
ive been looking into it but you could if you wanted to spend abit more money as the stuff i talked about up there were all like 30 quid items, you could get a front splitter which looks pretty good on the polo but would probably cost about 80 to 150. then the same for side skirts and rear bumper more like 120.

Hope that helps for the outside
halfpint1296
New
Drives: polo 6r

Re: RE: Re: 1.2 Polo S?

Post by halfpint1296 »

slr9000 wrote:Hey man, i have a 1.2 as well and ive done a few little bits that hasnt messed with the insurance but made it look alot more up to date. So first you could get yourself some windeflectors, which lowers the profile of the side of the car, and plus they are actually mint in the summer haha. then get yourself some chrome strips i have it round the edge of my bottom grill, to add just abit of bling to the front. Also i havent got leds in the lights as i would like, but if you upgrade all the bulbs in your lights to exta bright white halogen ones it does look alot better and cheap!! Also round the back ive got the boot crome strip just to add to the lines of the car cause its got quite a boring back end. would like a new back bumpber but then would have to declare it to insurance then can become pricy... with the s are the back windows and rear tinted? if not i would defo recomend doing this as on the match its standard and it looks ALOT better!! I also blacked out my rear lights but it was very very veryy blacked out so decided to take them back but a light tint to the rear lights does look quite good aswel!!
ive been looking into it but you could if you wanted to spend abit more money as the stuff i talked about up there were all like 30 quid items, you could get a front splitter which looks pretty good on the polo but would probably cost about 80 to 150. then the same for side skirts and rear bumper more like 120.

Do you have any pictures of your mods?

My wishlist is:
-Wind deflectors
-black badges
-gti grill
-pressed plates
-upgrade lights to led

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
slr9000
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 match

Post by slr9000 »

yeah i do but i have no idea how to post a phot on this page ???
YAB369
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.6 TDI

Post by YAB369 »

slr9000 wrote:yeah i do but i have no idea how to post a phot on this page ???
You could use Gyazo and screenshot the images, then send the URL :)
Kaza66
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 S

Post by Kaza66 »

slr9000 wrote:Hey man, i have a 1.2 as well and ive done a few little bits that hasnt messed with the insurance but made it look alot more up to date. So first you could get yourself some windeflectors, which lowers the profile of the side of the car, and plus they are actually mint in the summer haha. then get yourself some chrome strips i have it round the edge of my bottom grill, to add just abit of bling to the front. Also i havent got leds in the lights as i would like, but if you upgrade all the bulbs in your lights to exta bright white halogen ones it does look alot better and cheap!! Also round the back ive got the boot crome strip just to add to the lines of the car cause its got quite a boring back end. would like a new back bumpber but then would have to declare it to insurance then can become pricy... with the s are the back windows and rear tinted? if not i would defo recomend doing this as on the match its standard and it looks ALOT better!! I also blacked out my rear lights but it was very very veryy blacked out so decided to take them back but a light tint to the rear lights does look quite good aswel!!

Hey mate! Very useful cheers. I've just ordered a pair of wind defelctors and looking into lights. Struggling to find any LED/ Xenon for my DRL's though :(

Which rear bumper would you go for?