Audi A1 wheels on my Polo SEL?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CGreen98
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.6 TDI SEL

Audi A1 wheels on my Polo SEL?

Post by CGreen98 »

Hi Everyone, my first time posting here!
I have a Polo 1.6 TDI SEL at the moment that I love, I got it a week ago and it's a real step up from my old 1.2s 9n3. With winter around the corner and the continentals currently on the car nearly on their limits I have been scouring EBay for some good winter tyres to go on my 16" Naverres as the Continental Winter tyres on Black circles are about £120 each for 215/45 r16's :shock: ! I haven't been able to find any unfortunately. However I have found some really nice Borbet LV5 anthracite alloy wheels with Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tyres which have come off an Audi A1 and only covered 4000 miles for a really good price and fairly local! However they are 215/40 r17's so slightly bigger than the OEM wheels, but the optional 17" Boavista wheels that come on the SEL as an option are 215/40 r17's and in fact even manufactured by Borbet!

Am I right in thinking that these wheels should fit straight onto my Polo with no issues, even though they were previously on an A1?

Thanks
Cam :D
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Audi A1 wheels on my Polo SEL?

Post by iichel »

215/40/R17 is the Polo OEM size as well, on a 17x7J rim.
CGreen98
Getting There!

Post by CGreen98 »

iichel wrote:215/40/R17 is the Polo OEM size as well, on a 17x7J rim.
Great, thanks! I thought so just wanted to confirm.
attim
New
Drives: 2016 6c GTI in black

Post by attim »

Here is my GTI with winter wheels from Audi A1. They are 7,5x17 ET36

CGreen98
Getting There!

Post by CGreen98 »

attim wrote:Here is my GTI with winter wheels from Audi A1. They are 7,5x17 ET36

Looks Smart attim! My car is Flash Red so the Anthracite grey should look decent together. Just wondering will what have you done re the tyre pressure monitoring? Will I just have to deal with a dash light for a while until I put the summer wheels back on. Or is there any way I can disable it.ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
attim
New
Drives: 2016 6c GTI in black

Post by attim »

You just need to do a TPM reset from infotainment menu (or with a button in the glove box). That will "re-calibrate" TPM to accept different wheels
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I saw these wheels or another set being sold in Audi Driver over a year ago, so I thought that would be suitable for my wife's new Polo 1.2TSI 110 SEL in winter, but dismissed them on two counts, the offset was different and having wide winter tyres is not really what you want in adverse conditions, so I bought a used set of 15" VW Polo alloys on ebay Germany and fitted them with 185/?? 15 Michelin Alpins - which is what VW suggest for winter use.

Edit:- these VW alloys do fit over the 288mm discs okay - just, in mainland Europe they are called Riverside I think, worked very well last winter, if I was to start doing them again, I think that vanity might force me to use 195/?? X 15 winter tyres, but there would be some trade off in very adverse conditions - but they would look better!

I has been said that 195/?? X 15 is not an approved VW size for Polo 6C, but it was a size used on Polo 6R and I've read that VW did not apply for re-homologating for newer models of Fabia, Polo or Ibiza - but that could be duff info. What I am meaning is, if VW are still using the homologation certificates for earlier models, then earlier model wheel and tyre sizes are still okay to use.

Edit again:- the A1 wheels that I saw in Audi Driver were original Audi A1 alloy wheels and not as I suggested aftermarket "suitable for A1"!
CGreen98
Getting There!

Post by CGreen98 »

RUM4MO wrote:I saw these wheels or another set being sold in Audi Driver over a year ago, so I thought that would be suitable for my wife's new Polo 1.2TSI 110 SEL in winter, but dismissed them on two counts, the offset was different and having wide winter tyres is not really what you want in adverse conditions, so I bought a used set of 15" VW Polo alloys on ebay Germany and fitted them with 185/?? 15 Michelin Alpins - which is what VW suggest for winter use.

Edit:- these VW alloys do fit over the 288mm discs okay - just, in mainland Europe they are called Riverside I think, worked very well last winter, if I was to start doing them again, I think that vanity might force me to use 195/?? X 15 winter tyres, but there would be some trade off in very adverse conditions - but they would look better!

I has been said that 195/?? X 15 is not an approved VW size for Polo 6C, but it was a size used on Polo 6R and I've read that VW did not apply for re-homologating for newer models of Fabia, Polo or Ibiza - but that could be duff info. What I am meaning is, if VW are still using the homologation certificates for earlier models, then earlier model wheel and tyre sizes are still okay to use.

Edit again:- the A1 wheels that I saw in Audi Driver were original Audi A1 alloy wheels and not as I suggested aftermarket "suitable for A1"!

I won the auction for £350, they were over £1000 new so might as well try them! The SEL comes as standard with 215/40 R17's anyways on the larger "Boavista" alloys which are 7j so fingers crossed they'll just go straight on! Was hoping to find some that had come straight off a polo to keep things simple but looked on EBay everyday for the last month and nothing :( .

Anything is better than the super wide Coni sports I have on at the moment that are on their limits!

CGreen98
Getting There!

Post by CGreen98 »

ImageImage

They Fitted! Tyres aren't as grippy as old Summer contis in the dry but looking forward to some snow! Of course as soon as I put them on the temperatures jump from -3 to 5 degrees....!

Khye84
New
Drives: Polo gti 6c 2016

Post by Khye84 »

Look spot on them mate. Real head turner
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Love the winter wheels CGreen98. They look great 8)
CGreen98
Getting There!

Post by CGreen98 »

Cheers Guys, pretty pleased with my EBay bargain! I work at Goodwood Motor circuit as a Marshal and today was a Hot hatch day, had a few compliments on it there even though it was parked away at the back!

daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

They do look good I've never seen them fitted to a A1