Bluetooth & Car-Net App Connect query

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PGGLancs
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI Match

Bluetooth & Car-Net App Connect query

Post by PGGLancs »

Hi all

Just taken delivery of our new MY16 Polo 1.2 TSI Match.
Super car, but one thing is bugging me about the App Connect & Bluetooth.
The car was a factory order and amongst other things we ordered Car-Net App Connect.
The Bluetooth connection did work when we picked the car up and successfully paired with an iPhone 5s.
However, the car has since had the App Connect activated by our dealer and now the Bluetooth connection does not work at all.
Pressing the "Phone" button on the unit now just gives the message "Telephone not Available".
I appreciate that it does not work when the phone is plugged into the USB socket, however, I am under the impression that when it is not plugged in the Bluetooth should be active and connect/reconnect to the paired device.

Can anyone with the App Connect activated on a MY16 please confirm the following 3 points are correct:-
1.Bluetooth should work when the phone is not plugged into the USB port.
2.Bluetooth should disconnect as soon as the phone is plugged in and App Connect takes over.
3.Once the phone is again unplugged, Bluetooth should reconnect.

MIB unit is a 3Q0035842B

Also, should the voice button on the multi-function steering wheel work with Siri (long press), even though the "Voice Activation" option was not purchased?

Many thanks
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Re: Bluetooth & Car-Net App Connect query

Post by Oli3000 »

Yes.

When I disconnect my phone it automatically switches to Bluetooth. When I connect my phone it disables Bluetooth.

A long press on voice control activates siri without having the VW voice control specced. You can also say "hey siri" if it's plugged in and you have this activated.

Have you looked in settings to see if you can reset Bluetooth and set it up again?
PGGLancs
New

Post by PGGLancs »

Hi Oli3000
Thanks for the quick reply and for confirming all my theories.
What model/year is your polo? Do you have the same model number MIB?
As far as the Bluetooth settings are concerned they appear to have disappeared! Nothing in the settings area at all for Bluetooth anymore.
Thanks again
Oli3000
Getting There!

Post by Oli3000 »

I'll have to check my MIB number tonight.

Mine is a 66 plate 1.0 SEL.

It came with Car-Net Connect factory fitted.

It sounds like your Bluetooth module may have failed/been disabled then. I think a trip to your dealers is needed!
PGGLancs
New

Post by PGGLancs »

Thanks Oli3000
Car been back to dealer today.
Picked car up this evening and everything is now working as it should be.
I was told that they reset something and set the App-Connect up again.
Anyway, all is well.
Thanks for your help and have a good Christmas.
smithcity
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by smithcity »

Problem of my own with App-Connect...
About once every 5/6 times I plug my phone in to my 2016 GTI, it won't connect, even after restarting the phone and turning the ignition off and on again. Apple didn't have any advice to offer, has anyone suffered similar problems and if so how did you fix it?

The error message is "Connection unavailable" and if I leave my phone plugged in, it cycles between trying to connect and connection unsuccessful. Massive pain in the arse!
Oli3000
Getting There!

Post by Oli3000 »

smithcity wrote:Problem of my own with App-Connect...
About once every 5/6 times I plug my phone in to my 2016 GTI, it won't connect, even after restarting the phone and turning the ignition off and on again. Apple didn't have any advice to offer, has anyone suffered similar problems and if so how did you fix it?

The error message is "Connection unavailable" and if I leave my phone plugged in, it cycles between trying to connect and connection unsuccessful. Massive pain in the arse!

I've had this maybe twice. Restarting the MIB with a long hold of the power button seemed to sort it.
smithcity
New
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by smithcity »

Oli3000 wrote:
smithcity wrote:Problem of my own with App-Connect...

I've had this maybe twice. Restarting the MIB with a long hold of the power button seemed to sort it.
Thanks, I'll give it a try next time it happens.