Drivers seat creaking - 5 door 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bodge
New
Drives: 2011 Polo 1.4 SE 5dr

Drivers seat creaking - 5 door 6R

Post by Bodge »

Morning!

My drivers seat creaks/squeaks sometimes and it is really annoying. If I adjust the seat it goes away for a period of time and then comes back.

The locking position on the seat also feels a bit funny. I have to push back and forth a bit to get both rails to lock into position sometimes.

The front of the rails have a bit of surface corrosion on them which is odd. I think someone has spilt a drink on them at some point as the rear end of the rails have no corrosion.

I haven't tried anything yet but going to grease everything up and make sure all the fasteners are tight as the first port of call.

Anyone else experienced this?

A quick bit of searching on eBay is telling me that I can't just buy new lower rails for the seat, I have to buy a complete seat base which seems a bit extreme!

Cheers.
richards_owen
New
Drives: SEL 1.2 TSI 2016

Re: Drivers seat creaking - 5 door 6R

Post by richards_owen »

I have a 2016 SEL 6c 5 door and my drivers seat isn't particularly quiet either. It often creaks when I go around corners and is temperamental when locking into position. I've almost come to accept it but it is a bit rubbish!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Kss47
New
Drives: VW Polo Match Edition 1.2TSI 2017

Re: Drivers seat creaking - 5 door 6R

Post by Kss47 »

I have a March 2017 VW Polo match edition 1.2TSI and my drivers seat started creaking recently. It happens when going over bumps and round bends in the road. It's also the most uncomfortable VW seat that I've ever sat on. I keep on finding myself sitting so that the left hand side of my back is on the curved part of the seat back and keep on having to readjust my position so that I'm sitting centrally in the seat. It's like the seat, steering wheel and foot pedals aren't in alignment, it's right hand drive (UK). I've owned 1 Golf GTI, 2 Lupo 1.7SDIs and 1 Polo 1.4TDI all of which have had incredibly comfortable seats. In them I've driven 500 miles with only a stop to fill up with diesel and I've got out of the car at the end of the journey feeling fresh. I've done the same trip in a Clio and when I got out of the car I couldn't straighten my back for some minutes.