First ever polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bobdillin
New
Drives: 1.4 tdi bluemotion mk5

First ever polo

Post by Bobdillin »

I've just picked up a 2014 polo se tdi bluemotion for the wife on Saturday it's our first polo her upgrade from a urban fox so I got a couple of questions to ask
1. Where on the car is the filling point for the adblue for when I do need to top it up
2. There's a CD player in the glove box with 2 SD card slots on it is the one of them for a sat nav ? If so would I be able to get one for it so the wife has a sat nav ?
3. Is there any particular common faults with this model i should know about.
4. What is the timing belt change on these is it 5years ? the mileage won't matter as it only got 24k on it.
Thank you all in advance
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: First ever polo

Post by alexperkins »

there is no adblue on this car :)
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

Hi,

Car is probably EU5..in any case the 1.4 TDI's dont need AdBlue so there is no tank.

If you have two SD slots sounds like you have a Nav equipped model as nomally the glovebox unit only has one SD slot. You can tell for sure as the top right button on the screen will say Nav rather than Mute or Setup. I would suggest if the car was supplied used from VW that a nav SD should have been supplied with the car. Otherwise you'll probably need to buy one but beware they are not cheap.

Not aware of any particular common faults with the 6C. My own unfolds its mirrors randomly when locked and my nav unit is a little buggy but thats my own experience.

Not sure whether these are belt or chain driven, probably belt and you'll be nowhere near needing having it done. Its probably several years/80-100k miles or something like but you'd be best to speak to VW to confirm. May possibly outline it in your vehicle handbook under maintenance.
Bobdillin
New
Drives: 1.4 tdi bluemotion mk5

Post by Bobdillin »

Thank you guys but unfortunately it was from another dealership someone traded in. It's a Euro 6 so I just imagined it be adblue
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The polo engine is too small to need adblue. It's only in the 1.6 and bigger TDI engines
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

Only the heavier 2.0TDIs upwards tend to have AdBlue. Its only applied on specific vehicles to make them EU6 compliant.

Take the Golf GTD...184 TDi but no AdBlue....the Passat 150 TDi does without too but the 190 and 240 has it.