Warning Lights after key coding

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
OwenNorton
New
Drives: 6R MY13

Warning Lights after key coding

Post by OwenNorton »

Hi,

this morning I took my Polo in for key coding (getting a key replaced), and they also cleaned the car free of charge.

As I drove away, the Engine Management / Emissions Control warning light came up, so I immediately drove back, and they took it back in as they acknowledged that this shouldn't have come up, and told me it was because they forgot to reset part of the on board computer.

10 minutes later, the same warning light came back on, and then also the Electronic Stability Programme light. I rang them up when I got home, and was assured that the car is still safe to drive, and is now booked in for a week on Monday, but have told that they are likely to have the car all day.

This is the first time I've had ANY warning lights on the dash, so to me it is clear that these lights have come on because of something they have done at VW this morning. Surely I should have everything put right free of charge, because of the inconvenience they have caused me?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Warning Lights after key coding

Post by iichel »

I'd say so yes, but I cannot decide for your dealer. Depends a bit on what the problem is. If it's a diesel and they gave you the update for the emissions scandal, you should be informed. But at this point I'm simply guessing...
OwenNorton
New
Drives: 6R MY13

Re: Warning Lights after key coding

Post by OwenNorton »

it's a 1.2 litre petrol 12 plate :)