Blue GT servicing question.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ashtons99
New

Blue GT servicing question.

Post by ashtons99 »

The GT is 2 and half years old and on 21,000 miles. The "oil change due 800 miles" has come on. What service can I expect to pay for based on the age and mileage. I'm baffled by the VW servicing plans. Also what is a likely cost for the service. If it's ridiculous given there's only 6 months warranty left I may have it done by my friends garage who could do it with VW parts for probably a lot less.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Re: Blue GT servicing question.

Post by PoloBlueGT »

When my Blue GT was due its first service from VW they wanted £129 + VAT for an oil and air filter but they did say they would do a "visual check" i.e. Walk around and find things that lighten my pocket. So I changed the oil filter put in Petronas full synthetic and put a k&n panel filter in for £40 less. They also told me I needed new discs and brake pads at £500 and would I like to book in when I had a tyre changed under the insurance but apart from that I can't knock em haha
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If your car is serviced by VW, I think the dealer also checks for any software updates and apply these to your car as part of the service.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

EU law means that your warranty is not voided if a non franchised garage services your car using VW or VW approved parts.

Not sure if that common sense legislation will survive Brexit though.