Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
reynard55
New
Drives: 6R Bluemotion 1.2

Headlamps

Post by reynard55 »

Hello All
I have just got a 6R Bluemotion
As with any car there are good and bad things about it.
The headlamps are the H4 type and they aren't very good, I have put some upgraded bulbs in that have made things bearable.
Are the H7 lamps much better?
Thanks
Russ
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Re: Headlamps

Post by Willni »

All halogen are crap tbh, you could get a LED projector retrofit kit for around £200 from America, note led and xenon both need afs, headlight washers and an actually projector to be legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reynard55
New

Post by reynard55 »

I realise that a full xenon setup is by far the best, it is also by far the most expensive and difficult to do legally.
It is a matter of degrees, are the H7 ones noticeably better or is it difficult to tell the difference?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

H7 is a decent improvement over H4
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

I have a question seeing as we are talking about lights. I have a Blue GT with bi xenons, they have the auto levelling etc but which bulbs do these use and also is it possible to put in one of the switches where you can level them to your liking?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

PoloBlueGT wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:06 pm I have a question seeing as we are talking about lights. I have a Blue GT with bi xenons, they have the auto levelling etc but which bulbs do these use and also is it possible to put in one of the switches where you can level them to your liking?
It is really down to "rules" and things, these HID lights, like LED headlights MUST have auto leveling fitted or they become illegal and probably down right dangerous for other road users.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Fair enough as long as there is a reason it’s just they sometimes seem dim although you can always see them level out. Might just be me though haha
reynard55
New

Post by reynard55 »

Thanks for the feedback gents
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

PoloBlueGT wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:32 pm Fair enough as long as there is a reason it’s just they sometimes seem dim although you can always see them level out. Might just be me though haha
One thing though, it could be now that that car's suspesion has bedded in, that these light could/should be re-adjusted, if I were you, to get that done, take it to a VW main dealer that also carries out MOTs as they will know the routine for adjusting the basic mechanical setting using the adjusting screws or some other VW method.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Yeah I think as soon as Xmas is over I will make a point to go and see whether they can adjust the lighting etc. Thanks