What are those?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Raptor1
New

What are those?

Post by Raptor1 »

Could someone tellme what are the little plastic pieces on each side of the rear window?
Can they be removed?
I've been hearing a rattle for a while now and i realised that it is coming from these things.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: What are those?

Post by iichel »

Those are the wires that connect the heater elements of the rear window heater to the wiring loom of the tail gate.
Raptor1
New

Post by Raptor1 »

Are you sure? Because they are very thin for any wires to be passing through them.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

i am sure
Raptor1
New

Post by Raptor1 »

Hmmm thank you.
Would it be possible to unclip them and put them backin place in order to try and fix the rattle?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I am surer than sure that what iichel said is correct!

Also, I'd be surprised if it was these links that are causing any noises, and, I'd avoid taking them off as you might just find that you have messed up that connection point to the heated rear screen after having trouble getting them back on.

Can you not stuff a piece of plastic foam into the gap(gently) to convince yourself that they are not to blame for the noise?
Raptor1
New

Post by Raptor1 »

First of all i want to say thank you guys for your help :)
I am sure that the noise comes from the little plastic covers that these things have and stick to the metal of the rear hatch.
At first i thought it was the rear seatbelt mechanism but i recently replaced them all and immediately after leaving the mechanich's shop i could still hear the noise.
So i then proceeded and put some velcro around the hooks where the seat latch hooks on but that didn't work either.
After trying for a couple of months now to find out what causes the problem i realised i could recreate the noise by moving those things around.Also i found out that the left one is looser than the other and that is the side which has been the noisiest all this time.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

Raptor1 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 pm First of all i want to say thank you guys for your help :)
I am sure that the noise comes from the little plastic covers that these things have and stick to the metal of the rear hatch.
At first i thought it was the rear seatbelt mechanism but i recently replaced them all and immediately after leaving the mechanich's shop i could still hear the noise.
So i then proceeded and put some velcro around the hooks where the seat latch hooks on but that didn't work either.
After trying for a couple of months now to find out what causes the problem i realised i could recreate the noise by moving those things around.Also i found out that the left one is looser than the other and that is the side which has been the noisiest all this time.
Not just put some cloth wrap around them? would solve the problem and be easy
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

You could always apply a small amount of RTV to each of the "insulating" collars that surround these links, ie "glue" them in position.

Velcro? I have just bought some heavy duty Velcro from Halfords as I've discovered that the front seat belt "buckles" can touch the plastic trim on the front seats if the seats have been raised - my Audi S4 came with the "mesh" type of Velcro wrapped round these "buckles" to stop any chance of them touching the front seat plastic trim, so I'm using that method to stop that ever happening again with my wife's 2015 Polo as someone seems to have raised the passenger seat!