Oil question

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
silentsmoke13
New
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Oil question

Post by silentsmoke13 »

Hi all. I own a polo 1.4 GT (September 2013) and I wondered what oil do I need to use and why?

I have no issues with my car, would just like to know.

Thanks in advance.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Oil question

Post by iichel »

I guess you'll need 5W30 oil with the appropriate VW long life spec, unless you're on a different service scheme.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Oil question

Post by RUM4MO »

Reading between other peoples lines, ie seeing this question asked on other VAG forums wrt this specific engine, as it is now getting on for 5 years old you must make sure that it gets an oil change every 12 months or 10K which ever comes up first. It maybe be beneficial to only use 5W-40 non long life engine oil as specified for cars getting an annual oil change, though as above make sure it complies with the required VW spec for that type of oil. The other issue is, this type of oil, when buying a quality brand, ie not necessary Castrol, will be cheaper to buy and some people have even dared to suggest that it will have better for the moving parts lubricating properties as it seems that some lubricating properties might just have been trimmed back with the higher spec'd long service oil to make it more suitable for staying in the car longer than 12 months 10K miles, as I say not my nuggets of quality info there, just what I've noticed when reading up on this sort of stuff.