What do I need to do?
You need to go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab. You need to agree (or not) to the Privacy Statement. The policy is explained below. If anybody does not agree, please send me a Private Message and request that your account is deleted.
All new registrations have to agree to register for our forum.
The MEMBER LIST will record which members have agreed and those that have not. Sometime in the future when every user has had the opportunity to accept the policy, any members who have not accepted it will be deleted. So it is very important that you accept the policy as soon as possible.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you need further clarity.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
The GDPR is Europe's new framework for data protection laws and is effective from May 25, 2018. The legislation is designed to "harmonise" data privacy laws across Europe as well as give greater protection and rights to individuals.
To comply with the EU GDPR (2018) you need to be made aware of the following.
The UK-POLOS.NET Forum does hold some personal data which could be used to identify you. This includes email addresses and a users ip address. The sole purpose of this is:
- to manage any registered account that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- to improve the functionality of the forum and to give users a better experience.
In addition to the above, The UK-POLOS.NET Forum will also store all of the IP address that you use to post with. Depending on your preferences, The UK-POLOS.NET Forum may send you emails to the email address that you used when you registered or you have subsequently changed, but you are able to change these preferences from your User Control Panel (UCP) at any time should you wish to stop receiving them.
The personal details that you gave us when you signed up will be used solely for the purposes of The UK-POLOS.NET Forum board functionality. They will not be used for anything else and neither will they be passed on to any third party without your explicit consent.
The only other information about you is what you decide to post in the forum, whereupon it is considered to be “publicly available” as it will have been indexed by search engines as well as on-line archive sites.
User controls include:
- Users have the ability to see any personal information held about them in the 'User Control Panel' at any time.
- Users can see all posts where they may have entered personal data which has become “publicly available” by clicking on the 'Your Posts' link in the forum quick links menu.
- Users can request that their account and/or any posts where “publicly available” personal data may have been added can be deleted by contacting the forum administrator either by using the Private Message facility on the forum or by email.